588,204 active members*
3,785 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Where to find part cont when using a macro

Where to find part cont when using a macro

i am using a macro to cut multiple parts from a bar and was wondering if you can see the count anywhere in the machines controller. i am using a oi-tc control the code i am using is as followed

#1=15
    #2=0
    N1
    machining code
    #2=#2+1
    IF[#2LT#1]GOTO1
    M30

Kevin…you can view them by looking at your local variables. On the Oi control (this is your Oi control?) you press the “offset/settings” hard key then press the over arrow and you will see the “macro” softkey. Press that and you can then view your local and common variables and there settings. You are looking for local variable #2. That will be your current count. It should be the first variable screen. #1 will be set to 15 right above it.

Just as a tip you could have asked this question in the same thread as you asked for the program to count the parts in. It just makes it easier so you don’t have to jump thread to thread on the same topic. Unless you are going to be getting way off topic or a completely different title you can post in your original thread because that is where we were discussing this program before.

Good luck,
    Stevo

The method suggested by Steve is simple and works well.
    Read the following for related information which you may use elsewhere:

Number of machined parts
    The number of parts required and the number of completed parts in the current machining session can be read or written in system variables #3902 and #3901, respectively. Part count information can also be seen/modified on the timer / part count screen, or through parameters 6713 and 6711 which store the number of parts required to be produced and the number of parts produced, respectively.

The timer / part count screen also displays the total number of parts produced during the entire service time of the machine, as a read-only information. Whenever a part is completed, both the number of parts produced and the total number of parts produced are incremented by 1. While the required and the completed number of parts can be altered (through the associated system variables, parameter settings or the setting screen), as and when desired, the total number of completed parts can only be altered through parameter 6712. This information has been made available to keep a record of the total number of parts produced during the entire service time of the machine.

The default setting (parameter 6700#0 = 0) of the machine increments the part count by 1 whenever M02, M30 or the M-code number specified in parameter 6710 (which normally contains 30 only, signifying M30) is executed. If it is desired to increment the part count only after the M-code specified in parameter 6710 is executed (which may be same as or different from 02 or 30, but not 0, 98 or 99), set parameter 6700#0 = 1.

Finally, note that M02 or M30 must be typed with the end-of-block (EOB) symbol (i.e., as M02; or M30, otherwise the part count will not be incremented, even though the part would be produced without any error message (the control allows missing EOB symbol at the end of the program).

Cool thanks for that parameter info i fund that to be interesting and a nice bit if info to have at hand

:cheers: