588,548 active members*
5,774 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > where to get bronze sleeve bearings in the uk ?

where to get bronze sleeve bearings in the uk ?

I am looking for some bronze sleeve bearings in the uk to finish of my rockcliff machine but cannot find them can someone please point me in the right direction

thanks

Check Motor winder/overhaul shop, they often keep a supply of Bronze oilite bearings.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

thanks ive been looking around for weeks now !

Ask Marchantdice: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Marchant-Dice-Ltd or http://www.marchantdice.com
    He's also here at the zone.

Regards,
    Sven

Hi,
    Have a look here http://www.ondrives.com/products.asp...il+Impregnated may be what you are looking for.

John

If you get stuck and don't mind mail order, get the free Misumi catalogue, they have a UK presence and have just about everything you would need.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I'm in a similar position - looking for Oilite bushes in the UK for a Rockcliffe (but still in the planning stage).

If the Ondrives web site prices are typical I suspect that I will be going with linear bearings from Marchantdice - they are pretty much the same price and I'm sure they will be a lot smoother running.

But if you do find a cheap(er) online supplier please do post it

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I'm in a similar position - looking for Oilite bushes in the UK for a Rockcliffe (but still in the planning stage).

If the Ondrives web site prices are typical I suspect that I will be going with linear bearings from Marchantdice - they are pretty much the same price and I'm sure they will be a lot smoother running.

But if you do find a cheap(er) online supplier please do post it

Mark
    Hi
    I am surprised to hear that you guys cannot find bronze bearings in the UK , some of the names that they can be called are: oilite bearings/ plain bearings/ they are usually sold in any place that sell ordinary ball bearings for industry, my colchester lathe from the UK even use them, a linear bearing like the ones from Marchantdice will have less friction but the cost will no way be even close to a bronze bearing, in canada and usa we can buy 1 bronze bearing for around $2.50ea. for imperial and the bronze bearing can ride on un-hardended ground shaft, the shaft and 12 bronze bearings will total $60 - $70 here. A linear bearing like the ones at Marchantdice are very nice, but if your on a low cost budjet, the cost of a linear bearing is much higher, Will mcmastercarr ship to the uk? I would like to know any info on this matter and document this for future builders in the uk, if possible please email me any information on this.
    Nick
    http://www.rockcliffmachine.com

Bronze Bearings

After a quick search, on google I was shocked to find out that the original oilite bearing / plain bearing was invented by UK and is still manufactured in UK and oilite is a UK company, I have been using these bearings for over over 20 years in many industrial machines, and had always thought it was an american company! thank you UK and Oilite for this great product.

http://www.oilitebearings.com/Catalogue.htm

PART NO. AI 1012 /FOR IMPERIAL MACHINE x max lenght
    PART NO. AM 1519 /METRIC 19mm X 15 OD. SHAFT x max lenght
    PART NO. AM 1620 /METRIC 20mm X 16 OD SHAFT ( NEXT SIZE UP)

I will add this info for all future builders including UK

Bearing Services(BSL),Wyko and all the bearing supply places sell them.Remember if you need to alter bore sizes to single point them out as reaming closes the pores in the metal and stops the lubrication getting out.
    Mark.

I've just finished my Rockcliffe machine. Cut my first part with it this afternoon. I got my oilite bearings from ondrives.com.

Order Item 1 , Part No : QM27-25 , Description : OILITE BUSH PLAIN , Quantity : 16 , Unit Cost : 2.72

I ended up using 16mm bore bushes as the best deal I got for the rods was in 16mm silver steel.

Hello

Oilite® - GetYourBearings.co.uk are new to me and show stock as do Bearings | Oilite Bearing Bushes | Imperial | Metric | Flanged | Plain | Bronze Rods & Bars | who have given me good service on other products.

Regards

Richard