588,616 active members*
5,546 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 57 of 91 747555657585967
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Widgit

I did not know you were a vet. I do know you are damn fine machinist and a damn fine American.

Thank You! :cheers:

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Thanks Bill!
    But i really hadn't considered the machine completed :idea: as is my budget!!
    Those 97 Lb beams were brutal on my old bones, but all in all this project was exhilarating!
    My office is still piled up with boxes of components for another build, say a 10" x 36" x 72" work area?
    Wishful thinking I suppose :cheers:

For those of you who have not figured it out, I'm a Disabled Veteran!
    Here is what I looked like at time of discharge from the Navy in 1971, and it took many years and allot of plastic surgery to get my ducks in a row after that!
    For me to be able to build a monster like this, is an achievement, but I do have PTSD which preoccupies and distracts me at all times!

To all my fellow Veterans out there, It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!
    Widgit
    eek, I saw the pic before reading and thought you were going to say it was a milling accident!

war accident is worse... but at least you've recovered and can now make pretty widgets to show us all

I enjoy this thread,
    Excellent workmanship
    Documented well

Cheers (clapping hands),
    Walking is highly over-rated

Widgit;
    Thank you for your service and all of the fine entertainment you have provided over the years and thanks in advance for the many years to come.
    Bill
    USAF 1970 - 1974

10 X 36 X 72? Rest awhile then back to work!
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Thank you my friends!

Mr Widget,
    I have followed this thread from the beginning and I want to thank you for all the effort you have put forth.
    I also thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to our country.
    God Bless,
    Scott

Widget, you are an outstanding machinist / engineer you do stuff few of us have the ability to accomplish. I knew there was something about you that was extra special. I did not know you were a Disabled Veteran. I was also in the Navy from 72-75, an old Vietnam Veteran. You are truly an inspiration to us all.

Russ

Thanks Scott!

Thanks again Russ!
    Widget

Here is a preview of the next project for the Monster!

Two plaques carved on one sheet, each will be 43 x 24 1/4 x 3/4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Large-PatriotGuardRiders1.jpg   Large-PatriotGuardRiders2.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Today I ran two of three tools in the big plaque, tomorrow I'll run the last one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9x5_Router_2226.jpg   9x5_Router_2227.jpg  

Widget, looks like it is cutting awesome and you can tell how well you trammed it looks very even for a piece this large. Very Nice
    Russ

Widget;
    When you post pix of Big Red working, you need to add something to the frame for reference. Soda Can, Beer Can (my choice) or a simple ruler. One cannot appreciate the scale of your work otherwise! Like the Lion on the Food Lion Commercial says "just my 2 cents worth"!
    Do you ride with the Patriot Guard? Love that bunch of folks. See them all to often these days though!
    Thanks for posting.
    B
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Thanks Russ!

Hi Bill, actually I can't ride as my equilibrium is not so good! But I've been tempted to get one of those fancy Trikes! Several of my friends roll with the Patriot Guard Riders, and I've been to several military funerals and appreciate the Security & Honor they bring to the attending families!

This morning I finished the plaques, and I' pleased with the outcome! Now I need to locate a good source for some of the Osrund Down-Spiral end mill, as the standard 2-flute does have a tendency too lift the material and cut deeper than programmed!
    www.widgitmaster.com

Those surfaces look nice and smooth. Nicely done

Cheers,
    jk
    Walking is highly over-rated

How big the job(43 x 24 1/4 x 3/4)???, how much time it took to complete, what IPM what tool dia you have used. Its awesome
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    How big the job(43 x 24 1/4 x 3/4)???, how much time it took to complete, what IPM what tool dia you have used. Its awesome
    Thanks Khalid!
    Here is the tool list:

Three tools were used!
    #1 - .250" diam 2F x 1/2 LOC. Depth of cut = .375" @ 185 IPM
    #2 - .625" diam 2F 60-deg V-Bit Depth of cut = .375" @ 52 IPM
    #3 - .250" diam 2F x 3/4" LOC. Depth of cut = 3x .25" @ 34 IPM
    www.widgitmaster.com

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Widget;
    When you post pix of Big Red working, you need to add something to the frame for reference. Soda Can, Beer Can (my choice) or a simple ruler. One cannot appreciate the scale of your work otherwise! Like the Lion on the Food Lion Commercial says "just my 2 cents worth"!
    Do you ride with the Patriot Guard? Love that bunch of folks. See them all to often these days though!
    Thanks for posting.
    B
    Like this Bill?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9x5_Router_2230.jpg   9x5_Router_2231.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

I think I've found the next project to cut on the Monster :idea:
    It's going to be 40" x 40" x 3/4" MDF
    The V-Carve Pro file is included
    www.widgitmaster.com

Looks like the VFW plaque was put on hold, there was a custom order for friend!

The V-Carve Pro file is included
    www.widgitmaster.com

Feels good to be cranking out some projects with the new machine build doesn't it. Glad to see it happening again.

I've been AWOL for a while having more fun than I can stand in Vectric software classes. Learn to use the fluting tool in Vcarve Pro (I think you have that one) and it will let you do some rounded feature carvings in addition to Vcarve.
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Page 57 of 91 747555657585967