587,980 active members*
4,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Will trade fiat currency for .nc code modification on two projects

Will trade fiat currency for .nc code modification on two projects

Hello, all: I am constantly amazed at the diversity (although I dislike that word) of projects, topics and assistance available on CNC-Zone. Kudos to all involved.

I have two aluminum projects I sure could use some assistance with. At 63, and for whatever reason, when looking at volumes of numbers for an extended period my mind just sort of goes blank.... not good for this type of work. Anyway, one project is engraving numbers in Aluminum; the problem is the code causes each number to be done twice; IE: the main cut and then the "clean up" return cut. I do not need the second cut, and it effectively doubles the time for the MOP.

I've tried going through the code and removing what seems to be required, but when I input it into Mach3, things are missing that shouldn't be. I'm frustrated because of the issue mentioned above, and is the only reason I'm asking for help. Time is money, so I'm open to offers to see what can be arranged.

If this goes well I'll get to the second project. Both use "G" and "M" codes. I suppose one can PM me if you're interested. As a last resort I'll post the code here for comments. Maybe this should/could be in the Classifieds, but thought more people would see this here. Thanks!
    John

John responded to my PM.
    Hopefully his 2nd pass issue is solved...

For those who may not have received Josh's PM... The stick fonts are still true type closed loop fonts. Convert the text elements to polylines, and then remove overlaps for single line engraving.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Re: Will trade fiat currency for .nc code modification on two projects

Hello again, Bob: yes, the re-written code for the letter/number engraving worked quite well, and I learned something in the process about g-codes. However, I did go back to the two-pass engraving because the 2nd pass is very helpful making the engraving look much better.

I'd still like to take you up on your offer of fishing, but I still can't see myself with the possibility of getting away for more than two days; and it would have to be in the coldest time of year down there. Thanks for the help and the offer to fish.

Re: Will trade fiat currency for .nc code modification on two projects

Thank you, also, for your assistance. I've gotten my engraving done (for now) and can move on to other projects.