588,166 active members*
4,036 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > wire frame wedge angle?

wire frame wedge angle?

Guys i am not sure how to do this...but I want to take a rectangle and put a 2.5 degree slope from left to right and create wire frame

basically create a wedge (like a slice of cake laying flat on your plate) and then extrude this to a solid...

how do i do this with V25?
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chips View Post
    Guys i am not sure how to do this...but I want to take a rectangle and put a 2.5 degree slope from left to right and create wire frame

basically create a wedge (like a slice of cake laying flat on your plate) and then extrude this to a solid...

how do i do this with V25?
    Wedge attached, (wedge)(wedge) don`t know what size you want or what orientation but it`s quite quick and easy to make this sort of thing.

If it`s what you need then I`ll go through the procedure for you, if not let us know exactly what it is you want.

Basically all you need do is create your rectangle and then delete one of the sides, then go to "Lines > Angle" and set the degrees you want and a length longer than the rectangle and then just click on where you want the angled line to start, you might have to change it from a positive to a minus value to get the direction but that`s seconds to do, then go to "Utilities > Trim Extend > Quick Trim" and just chop off the bits you don`t want.

Now go to "Surfaces > Extrude a Curve" and just select the geometry you have created and fill in a distance in either the positive or negative direction for the size you want your solid.

Sounds a lot but it`s a couple of minutes tops (wedge)(wedge)

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Second method

Or you can draw a horizontal line the length you want the wedge to be and then draw an angled line (your 2.5 degrees) from either the start or end of the line already drawn, at the opposite end to where you start the angled line just draw a vertical line and then use the "Quick Trim" as before to chop off the bits of line outside the triangle shape.

Now just do the Surface Extrude to the depth/height you want your wedge to be.

If you want it in a different plane then just use the "Rotate" facility under "Utilities" to turn your wedge to the orientation you want.

Regards

THANKS! Just what i needed to know! really appreciate it very much!:banana:
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!