587,326 active members*
3,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

wiring diagrams or advice

have a bridgeport series 1 r2e3 cnc mill 1983 looking for wiring diagram so i can hook up 3 phase power. i have 3 phase power, but it is a B phase system which has one leg to ground is 175 volts. need to know which leg to connect the hi
    leg to so i don't
    burn up a 115v circuit
    any help is appreciated

Hi Joseph

I have a R2E3 that I have single phased and manuals of the above, do you want to explain a bit more as in the UK we dont have that system.

Alastair

Alastair

In a nutshell, he needs to know if there are any single phase (phase to neutral) loads inside the machine and if so which leg of the 3 phase supply they are powered from.

Matt

Matt,

There are two Single phase Transformers (possibly more depending on the machine voltage) that go between two phases (not phase to neutral). T1 and T3. T1 is L2 to L3. T3 is L1 and L2 so I suppose using that logic L3 to L1.

Changing the primary voltages also requires you to change some jumpers....but i am not sure that is relevant here. It might be easier to get Joseph a copy of the manual or the pages he wants.

Alastair

Alastair

Usually any machine that is fed purely from a 3 phase supply, the vast majority do not include or feed a 1 ph supply, any 1ph control or circuitry is usually done via a single phase transformer inside the enclosure, the primary of which is wired across two of the phases.
    In a B phase system, usually one corner of a delta supply is earth grounded for a neutral.
    If so you should have the same voltage between phases.
    This system is very rarely used now.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

hello,
    thanks to all for the replies. I have been working with a local electrician and also Mr John Benett from Canada. I discovered that the B phase is not a problem, and i found the manuals and wiring diagram on ebay. I bought a old windows 98 computer and John sent me a copy of exlink along with instructions on how to use it. Everything is working great and I just completed a production run of 440 parts on the r2e3 bridgeport.
    I would have been still trying to get the machine working if it hadn't been for cnczone and the good people that helped me.