588,289 active members*
4,811 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Wiring IH limit switches

I tried to post this question a few minutes ago but didn't see it in the forum, if it shows up twice I appologize.

I have a Campbell Breakout Board Plus. That board has one signal input for the home/limit switches. My IH kit has two sensor wires. Could someone tell me how to wire this up. This is the LAST thing I have to do to complete my IH build.

Thanks, Shepard

Scan through some of the earlier recent posts... others have done this with varying success. Mine worked fine with the Breakout Board (using some diodes and resistors) but the Combo board has been another story. another member recently got fed up and used a second card.

I found it

Thanks,
    I found the thread. Not quite the plug and play I was hoping for

Hello shepard, I'm in the process of trying to reinstate the IH mill wiring setup right now. I had it on the combo board and found it to be too noisy for my system to stay on line, so with that said I will recomend to get yourself a "SIIG cyberparallel pci card part no. jj-p00112-s5 " and go from there. Or you can try your breakout's connections and hope for the best. either way you will need some switching diodes #1n4004 and some resistors. Any time two limits are put on one circuit you need to isolate them with a diode. On the IH site there are some schematics available with several options and I am using the option where home sides are independant and limits sides are tied together through the diodes. I'll try to get together some more specific info and you can tell us more about what you have on hand there which may effect this wiring, such as do you get pc voltage feed thru you port that will need to be drawn down by resistors to make this work. the biggest resistor i have used so far is a 1k .5 watt on the e-stop circuit and i don't recall what for the limits and they may not be needed anyway. till later dude & your right it is not plug and play, I wish someone gave me all the right answers it would have been a lot easier ..... till next time.
    Don
    IH v-3 early model owner

Crusier.
    I appreciate the info. I'm a complete newbie and only through lurking on this site have I been able to get going at all. Are you saying you completely did away with your breakout board and wired everything through the SIIG or just the home/limit switches. Sorry to be so dense.

Nope ! just saying that the power supply was getting hit with noise from vfd and it was nocking out my system via the limits. So I am putting my limits back to the basics, never had any problems at all with Aarons wiring system other than there was no control for the vfd. I wished it did work clean but it don't and support for trouble like this is just not there. I don't know what you have so can't say if your board will work clean or not. All i can say is try it and good luck. If i can help i'll try, so far I'm having a bit of trouble of my own getting it back the way it was as i lost my drawings for the limits, did find em for the e-stop tho and it works.
    Don
    IH v-3 early model owner

I got mine up and operational and it all appears to be 100% and is running a cycling prg right now. I could put together a schematic if it is needed but my scanner needs to be moved to the other pc. Sounds tho like you got your info needed and don't need this ...
    Don
    IH v-3 early model owner

Cruiser,
    If it is convenient I could get alot of milage out of a schematic. For me, a picture is worth a million words.

Shepard The schematic i'd be able to provide would be for direct connection to a second parrallel port ! Aren't you going to try your board first ? You never said which it is either. If it don't work then by that time i should have my schematic cleaned up and the scanner moved. Wildcat has a diagram which would be helpful for hooking up to the board
    Don
    IH v-3 early model owner

I'm using Campbell's Breakout Board Plus. It seems to be a nice board and I'm sure Campbell could easily tell me how to wire this but I've never been able to get them to respond to an e-mail question and they have no phone #...
    I'm gonna try wiring to my board first, it has they supplemental power sources and is why I bought it to begin with, but failing that I'll go to a second port.

let me know how it goes and if you have a problem, don't forget to diode limits which share a pin and you may need resistors to drop the low side of voltages.
    Don
    IH v-3 early model owner