587,345 active members*
5,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Work Co-ordinate Systems? Keeps spitting out code in g56...

Work Co-ordinate Systems? Keeps spitting out code in g56...

Hello, my particular machine doesn't have support for additional co-ordinate systems enabled. I'm having a problem where it seems like almost randomly, mastercam decides to use a different WCS - it spits out G56... This freezes my machine in its tracks.

How can I disable this so that it ONLY codes using the standard machine coordinate system? I've tried going into the WCS settings and clicking "wcs off" and such, but had no luck.

Any guru's?

Since the WCS isn't setup in the machine, I might try just manually punching it back to G53 or whatever the machine co-ord is, and see if it still runs straight down the center. I think that might work.

Ideas?

TIA-

Pete

I am not sure why you're getting them to begin with but I bet there's something simple that could be changed in the post to force the output you want. Maybe you should ask in the "post processors for MC" sub-forum ?

Might help to know what machine? What Control? What Post your using? What version of Mastercam you have? Might also help to see a sample of the code you get vs. the code you want.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Eh sorry about that... the machine is a BP series 1 with a ajaxcnc / centroid based control. Mastercam version 9.0... The post- ugh, its called MPCENM4- and was provided by ajaxcnc.

I did figure out that I can manaully change this code back to g54 using notepad and it runs through just fine... So, that mostly makes this academic... I suppose it would be nice to be able to skip that step but i'm not loosing any sleep over it anymore.

what are you plane/view are you in in master cam i.e. front, r,l, side etc. if you only work in the top view it should only use G54 otherwise it's in your post. look at it using note pad and edit if you dare!

In mastercam v9,when you go to toolpath menu to set your tool,feed ,rpm,check the box for misc values.select box to open window. At the top where it reads integers,first box is for work coordinate.Type G54 in that box and repost the program.This should add your G54 code in your program.
    Good Luck

Actully if you are using the WCS go into the T\C planes in the op and change the setting as follows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails offsets.gif  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

now when setting up a WCS use this option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails offsets1.gif  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .