587,180 active members*
4,678 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > x/y absolute dimensions (how?)

x/y absolute dimensions (how?)

How can I insert a driven absolute dimension into a drawing/sketch? I have some sketches I want to print and give to a manual machinist, and it would be easier for them to just go to the X/Y on the DRO and do what they need too - but I can't figure out how to get the dimension to show x/y..
    Thanks

If you already have a SolidWork drawing you can redimension using the oridnate dimensioning option. or Insert the "Hole Table" and follow the prompts. This will list the dimensions in table form. - This is in 2005 and I believe in 2004
    Thanks!

but ordinate measuring only shows 1 axis at a time, and it does it in a linear fashion.. If I have a bunch of holes all over hte place, I would like to place a dimension like "X=5.435, Y=1.250", with the leading line pointing to the circle/center.

What software are you using.

SW 05 and up will do "hole tables"
    It labels all hole wizard holes with a letter and places an XY table to the side of the print.
    Go to help and read about the hole tables. SW has extremely good help files.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I believe if you would try the Hole Table you might find it easy. The table is automaticly filled out and a point ID is placed by the hole
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails part1.jpg