588,535 active members*
4,738 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X4 Operation Defaults

X4 Operation Defaults

I am trying to set defaults for operations. Specifically, the coolant default. When I open an operation in the Op manager, and go to the coolant section, I have the option of M08, M09 and IGNORE in the left drop down menu and BEFORE, WITH and AFTER in the right drop down menu. My preference is M08 on left drop down and AFTER on the right menu. When I go to Operation defaults to set it this way I have a left menu which includes on and off and I don't have a right menu. Please help!

i think it is a issue with your machine def. because I check on one of our machines and it allows before after choice and on our older machine it is all greyed out, now i would like to know how to get mine fixed also

From what I have heard this is a known bug that the MU2 was supposed to solve. Have you guys asked on the eMastercam Forum??
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by WingNutz View Post
    I am trying to set defaults for operations. Specifically, the coolant default. When I open an operation in the Op manager, and go to the coolant section, I have the option of M08, M09 and IGNORE in the left drop down menu and BEFORE, WITH and AFTER in the right drop down menu. My preference is M08 on left drop down and AFTER on the right menu. When I go to Operation defaults to set it this way I have a left menu which includes on and off and I don't have a right menu. Please help!
    If you start a new MC file then go to Settings, Machine Definition Manager...

Select the desired machine...

Press the "Edit General Machine Parameters" button...

Then select the "coolant commands" tab...

I think you may want to uncheck the first check box in the coolant commands to get the options you desire but not sure...

Does this allow you to set the desired coolant options ?

you are correct Matt, I unchecked it and it un-greyed out the options area but only if I went into machine def through my existing program, I still need to get my post tweeked to output a M58 (thru spindle coolant on) when I select that in the coolant tab. thanks for the tip