588,138 active members*
8,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 25 3456715
    No. Im attempting a part zero. Can you post your scripts? "Operator" , "edit button script" , click on "tool setting" button, copy and paste the script?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I understand what you are attempting.

I am using the script which comes with the latest version of the plugin.

There are two versions of the commands the script uses to get and set information, GetDro/SetDro and GetOemDro/SetOemDro. The shorter versions are legacy and have been replaced with the longer Oem versions. Depending on the version of Mach3 you are running one or the other may not work. Perhaps try switching them in the script as it uses the Oem version to get data and then later the legacy version to set the new Z zero.

Hi,

I've the same problem with the spindle it does not start under mach3. Did you sole the issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mik_m View Post
    Hi,

I've the same problem with the spindle it does not start under mach3. Did you sole the issue?

Thanks
    For my case, the spindle runs but the RPM is not reported. I am liking to change the cables anyway so hopefully that will fix the issue.

I also had to swap my X and Y cables so the X would be the long side.

I did a first test cut last night and for some reason LazyCam didn't seem to want to generate G-Code that actually lowers the Z axis (DXF import from Design Spark). After a little manual fiddling it did a basic test cut and I can verify the routers gantry is not aligned to the bed si I will most likely get some Aluminium or polycarbonate / acrylic and face it so it is all the right height.

Lots of learning but at least the machine is running of a fashion...

RB

The machine isn't set up to report spindle speed out of the box, the hardware to do the job isn't included. You need to make a collar for the spindle with magnets in and wire up a hall effect sensor to S+ and S- on J5 of the USB controller card. I'm planning to get this working and have ordered the bits from ebay, will report back on progress!

Quote Originally Posted by afters View Post
    The machine isn't set up to report spindle speed out of the box, the hardware to do the job isn't included. You need to make a collar for the spindle with magnets in and wire up a hall effect sensor to S+ and S- on J5 of the USB controller card. I'm planning to get this working and have ordered the bits from ebay, will report back on progress!
    Ok, that makes sense. Bit of a shame these fairly cheap items were not included though.

Just found out that LazyCam only copes with 2D DXF... Am now looking for some cheap/free CAM software for Windows that can handle 3D DXF or STL files.

RB

Sorry no problem

Greetings
    Wolli

Hello all,
    I have the same router X6 1500, it is just arrive. I just want to make sure that there are some mistake on Quick Start docs. So the correct one are as follow:
    1. control is set to Internal .. "0" .. not external.
    2. indicates no port was checked in "Ports & Pins" window and figure out Port #1 should be selected.

Do you all think that there are some more to correct. I can assembled the machine easily, all bolt fit nicely to the frame. I config mach3 with their mach3 2.63. Spindle can move flawlessly but stepper no move at all. I think these 2 problems mention are the things make no move. Your comment please.
    Thanks.

Good day all,
    Make that move all motor axis and spindle, easy just follow you. Lesson learn here. Thanks.

Hi all,

got this nice machine as well. So far it works nicely. Planning to add limit/home sensors soon. Wondering if anyone tried to implement spindle rpm measuring with optical sensor instead of hall probe?

I uploaded a short video of milling plywood on youtube, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFe5sqqS7QE if you are interested.

Greetings
    M.

BTW, what CAD/CAM do you use to prepare your gcode?

I used KiCad with LineGrinder for PCB isolation milling and FreeCAD/BlenderCAM for some simple cuts. For the pits in plywood I rather wrote down small program to generate the g-code. What do you use?

I got the 4th axis too when ordered the machine, but not sure yet what software to use for 4axis milling. So fat it looks to me like the CAMs with 4axis milling are quite expensive. What do you use for 4axis milling?

M.

I got the X6 1500GT a few months now also with the 4th axis and here is a nice exercize to tryout your 4th ax
    Cambam + CNCwrapper + 4th axis
    You can download the files there also
    In Aspire 4.0 you can also draw for the 4th axis

Did some updates on the X6
    Changed the unshielded cables for shielded and 1 side of the shields on earth in the controlbox
    Put proximity switches on Y, X, Z axis
    Connect a solid state relais for the waterpump so when the spindle starts automaticaly the waterpump start (also manual with ctrl-f in Mach3)
    A Xbox360 controller for jogging
    And yesterday i changed the stepper drivers for Leadshine DM556 drivers because when jogging once in a while a stepper motor did stall with a lot of noise. did already lower the velocity and acc in Mach3 but once in a while it did happen again and now the steppers sing on full throttle without missing any steps or stall on 5825 mm/min

Nice, I will try cambam and Aspire.

Did you change the cables precautionary or did you experience some issue with it?

5825 mm/min sounds really nice. Looks like the drivers are good candidate to upgrade. How fast do you run when cutting?

Today I tried to cut plywood with small rectangular strips. I used 2mm end cutter with feedrate 2400, but the result wasn't very good. See the attached image (1st one). When I lowered the feedrate it was OK (2nd). So now I wonder if the issue was only too fast feedrate or if it is issue with CAM, motion controller or the machine. I would expect that the motion controller will slowdown before the corner automagicaly, but looks like it is not the case. Should CAM take care of that or is there some setting in mach3 for that? Any idea?

M.

Attachment 218380

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9928.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	218382

Check your accel settings.
    When jogging do the axis stop quickly when you release button or continue moving some before stopping?
    They should stop quickly almost instant. If not accel is not correct.

Steve

Steve,

thanks for steering me the right direction. I am not sure yet how much I can increase the acceleration on X and Y, but I read more about it in mach3 manual and it looks like G61 code might help if I cannot use higher accel values.

M.

alsoft66,

what accel values were you able to use with original drivers and what with the Leadshine ones?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by mcncfun View Post
    alsoft66,

what accel values were you able to use with original drivers and what with the Leadshine ones?

M.
    With the Original drivers i had them (X and Y axis) on 2500 velocity and 400 acc according to the x6-1500 quick start pdf at the beginning (bought it in augustus 2013) later i tried 4000 vel. and keeped the acc on 400 but got some stalls now and then so i lowered the velocity to 3000 mm/min and 350 for the acceleration and that wend wel for a while but last week i got a few stalls again with jogging on the X and Y axis . And now i have the Leadshine DM556 Drivers on the X Y and Z axis for the 4th axis i keep the Original driver (not using it often) and i must say that i haven't had 1 single stall or missing step for almost 1 week i'm now on 7000 MM/min Velocity (had it the first day direct on 6000 without any problems) and 600 mm/sec acceleration in Mach3

thanks for steering me the right direction. I am not sure yet how much I can increase the acceleration on X and Y, but I read more about it in mach3 manual and it looks like G61 code might help if I cannot use higher accel values.
    You do not want to run in Exact Stop mode (G61) if you can help it. Make sure to turn of CV Feedrate and CV Distance, and try setting "Stop CV on Angles" to 89 and see if it helps with your corners.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I've got the older 6040Z-S80 machine which runs at 24V. After I added a Smoothstepper, but keeping the parallel port interface and stepper drivers, I'm able to reliably do 4,000 on the X axis and 4,500 on the Y (300 accel on both). I'd have thought you'd be able to do much faster with the X61500GT's 40V supply, and it seems you can, but only if you replace the stepper drivers?

Hi,

About to wire up the proximity sensors, using a voltage regulator to step down from 40v to 24v.
    Can the driver card handle 24volt input signals or do I need to use limiting resistors down to 5v?

Page 5 of 25 3456715