588,423 active members*
6,400 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > XR 4th axis upgrade swindle ?

XR 4th axis upgrade swindle ?

We upgraded from OneCNC XP to XR and were prommised as part of my deal 4th axis support upgrade free of charge as soon as it came out.

Now its out we have bee told by our UK agent that we can't have it !

He is now saying that we first need to upgrade to XR2 (more dosh) then we can have the free upgrade as orignally promised.

His excuse is that orignally the 4th axis add on was going to be compatible with xr but the software developers changed there minds.

All thats hardly my fault, after all a deals a deal.

He now wants to flog me a xr2 5 axis upgrade to go with a machime we have just bought, but considering the stupid problems we have had with XR I'm not sure i will bother.

After we have had our free days onsite training which we were also prommised (and my agent needed reminding about this as he thought we had already had it) when we upgraded to xr I'll be in a better position to rate it or I think slate it.

Anyone else encountered similar upgrade problems ? (flame2)

No problems here. I was informed that the 4th axis was going to be a major overhaul to the system, and that it could not/would not be tacked on, like the older 4th axis wrap module that existed back when the 2003 series was in vogue. As one of the beta testers, I got a pretty good idea of some of the incredible complexity of interfacing 4th and 5th axis so that it would be transparently easy for the users to use. Its not a 'freebie' type of thing, although I do not dispute that your dealer can make whatever deal he wants on the side.

You guys are pretty fortunate over there to have Peter come and make a housecall for training Over here, we mostly have to do it on our own. I always find it puzzling when some guys just can't seem to get started, while others take off running when they get the software. What kind of troubles did you have?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Anyone else encountered similar upgrade problems ? NOPE

OneCNC

Dear Mr. Dyer,

OneCNC USA has received an email from you regarding your concerns with OneCNC UK.

Not being there or having first hand knowledge of your experience or what was promised, I can only comment that our policy is to always deliver what is promised.

OneCNC as a global entity works very hard to keep our customers satisfied, and you will not be the exception.

The UK Sales office is officially closed until Jan 3, 2006 but you will be contacted tomorrow AM regarding this matter, so it can be resolved accordingly and to our mutual satisfaction.

I am taken aback by your choice of words to describe your experience but I will contact you directly to discuss that.

If you have further questions prior to Jan 3, please contact our office, ask for Ms McGowin and she will direct you accordingly.

OneCNC-USA
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

As an observer: I was impressed with the prompt effort made by OncCNC-USA to resolve the issue.

I can empathize with TRICKY as I, too have been promised things that didn't come as promised. I can only hope that TRICKY has his "promise" in writing.

Why??? I've been burned by the "oh, that salesman isn't here anymore and he wasn't authorized to make that promise to you..." gambit way too often.

I do hope that a mutually suitable resolution is arrived at for both parties and that we'll be kept advised of the outcome.

In the mean time, good luck to both parties.

Hey Tricky,
    dont feel like the only one. I heard that out of the usa office as well and never got the 4th axis either. I don't have a 4th axis on my machine yet anyway so I didn't make much of it. But I will some day have a 4th axis, but it will be a while.

A chap from OneCNC USA did indeed promptly leave a voicemail for me at my office, which I only just got today. (Due to an unfortunate incident with a ladder which has ended up with me immobile, in plaster and on crutches!)

I also had another Voicemail from the UK agent.

I haven’t spoken to either of these two guys yet (as today is Sunday) but it would appear that they have talked to each other and sorted something out.

In the UK we (As far as I know) only have one guy that is responsible for all OneCNC UK sales, rather than a fleet of over paid commission only sales reps like some CAD/CAM software companies. I would agree with “NC Cams” that it is important to get things in writing (luckily we did) and I also agree that OneCNC USA did respond remarkably quickly to my issues.

Peter (OneCNC technical support) is indeed a very knowledgeable guy and we are lucky to have him coming over to us for onsite training (I did negotiate this as part of the deal when I upgraded to XR)

I guess our UK sales guy didn’t quite appreciate how much he had upset us, and that his hands might of been tied until the USA office intervened.

I don’t expect for one minute that M_aster Cam’s or other Expensive Cam’s boss would of taken such prompt action if I had a problem with their software.

It looks like this one could have a happy ending after all, I’ll keep you posted on progress.

Happy New Year folks

Tricky

I thought I would keep you all posted on my progress with One CNC XR2 Pro. with 4th axis.

We had our training from Peter last week here in our office.

Within a few hours we were drawing stuff in 2.5d and posting it to floppy and we even done some machining !

My initial concerns have gone away and we are now considering an upgrade to a server licence as we think that our guys on the shop floor should also be able to use it as well as us in the office.

So all those who PM'ed me wanting to get their hands on a cheap dongle and CD, I'm afraid you are going to be disapointed ! :wave:

Cheers

Tricky

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    We upgraded from OneCNC XP to XR and were prommised as part of my deal 4th axis support upgrade free of charge as soon as it came out.

Now its out we have bee told by our UK agent that we can't have it !

He is now saying that we first need to upgrade to XR2 (more dosh) then we can have the free upgrade as orignally promised.

His excuse is that orignally the 4th axis add on was going to be compatible with xr but the software developers changed there minds.

All thats hardly my fault, after all a deals a deal.

He now wants to flog me a xr2 5 axis upgrade to go with a machime we have just bought, but considering the stupid problems we have had with XR I'm not sure i will bother.

After we have had our free days onsite training which we were also prommised (and my agent needed reminding about this as he thought we had already had it) when we upgraded to xr I'll be in a better position to rate it or I think slate it.

Anyone else encountered similar upgrade problems ? (flame2)
    Yes tricky I now know what you mean