3,931 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: XZero CNC

Page 91 of 226 41818990919293101141191
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 4515
    Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    No Dallas stars logo? lol
    Damn Canadian can't get the all the Texas teams. A hockey team no less. Shame on you!

I'll go back to my C# code now.

The buffalo Bills at least played here last weekend in Toronto ,it was good to see NFL coming to Toronto soon
    XZero cnc

Nice work! What is that?

Really like the new Z-axis design, George.

The 20mm rail blocks look really well-built. Larger rails will really help increase the strength and accuracy for the heavier spindles, and allow more rigidity for working on soft metals.

It should look great too!

New 20mm rail Z axis bearing/ballnut housing , close to 9 inch travel with redesign

Mike

ViperXZ 30x24 ,Very strong solid with round rail machine

XZero cnc

XZero cnc

XZero cnc

Pricing on Viper machines ,will post pricing on Raptor machines very soon
    Attached Files Attached Files
    XZero cnc

Those new Vipers are looking great, and the prices are amazing!

I've almost got my new Raptor up and running now. The quality of the machine is amazing. The big ballscrews and hefty frame parts along with the very nice top make it a very sturdy and capable machine. Nobody else is offering a semi-turnkey CNC router solution that even comes close. I'll post pictures later.

I have no affiliation with XZero other than being a happy customer, but these machines are built way beyond what the competition is offering. Kudos to George for building great machines and keeping prices down to where they're available to more small shops!

Dave

Still waiting for the fully paid machine I ordered in Feb/March. Wish I am as happy as Dave :-(

Edit: Before anybody jump on my message and start bashing George ... I must confess that my order was for new DimonX ~110 inch machine plus I asked for full turn key system. I did talk to George about my health and using CNC as my therapy and reason to get out of the bed, and George agreed to accept my request to order electronics, motors and wire them together. There are lot of things in my machine order which generally George will not honor for his regular customers. And no, I am not writing this update because I hear from George, just want to make sure that folks know that George is going over and above to help. My message was guess out of jealousy that I do not have my machine yet. I will post an update once I get the machine and everything is working.

Hey guys, George asked me to post some pictures of stuff I've been playing with while I get accustomed to my new Raptor..
    First let me say that I thought the wait would be the end of me.. but, after getting it.. WOW!! Even with my lowly hitachi router and gecko drivers..this thing is a freaking beast!!!! I've been building things and working with wood for over 30 years and though its hard to admit, my biggest problem has been accuracy and repeatablilty restrictions due to me... Well that is no longer an issue... I can draw it up.. convert to gcode and cut as many as I need or want....
    For those of you still waiting and I imagine pulling your hair out... I encourage you to just be patient..George is working as fast as he possbily can and will do what he said.... and you will be completely blown away by this machine!!

These 6 were routed by hand before I received my Raptor to show the difference in quality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg   02.jpg   03.jpg   04.jpg  

05.JPG   05a.jpg   50.JPG   51.JPG  

52.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by CNCforfun View Post
    Nice work! What is that?
    Its a cooler...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1086_remove_email.jpg  

These were cut with the raptor..
    Most are coolers I have built, a couple are cutting boards.
    The IMZADI is actually one a buddy of mine cut on his CNC, but its so cool, I had to add it to show what can be done with a bit of plexiglass and some LED's
    The blue xbox controller is my CNC pendant.

I purchased bits prior to receiving my Raptor and accidentally purchased a 0.0313" End mill (not sure what I was thinking)
    I had never seen a bit that small and figured it would just break and I'd never have a use for it...
    I grabed a piece of scrap plywood, threw the Dallas Maverick Image and figured I'd push it till it broke.

I started out at 20 IPM, then 30, 40, 60, 80 and finally100..
    That little bit was tearing it up.. When it was done, it looked like it had beed printed by a laser printer in wood.
    I have since purchased 3 more and 3-0.020 End Mills.

The Kennedale Wildcat with the dime, is just a peice of scrap plywood from my pile.
    I just shrunk the original image (~28" wide to ~1.5" wide) in ArtCam.
    Now that I know the raptor is that precise, I need to edit to account for size on the small image and recut on a better peice of wood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg   14a.jpg   15.jpg   17.jpg  

18.jpg   19.jpg   23.jpg   25.jpg  

26.jpg   27.jpg   28.JPG   30c.jpg  

30d.jpg   30e.jpg   41.jpg   42.jpg  

10.jpg   10a.jpg   10b.jpg   IMG_1598.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dixonlv View Post
    Even with my lowly hitachi router and gecko drivers...
    Nothing lowly about the Gecko drivers. Mine work very well!

Love my Raptor too.
    -Andy B.
    http://www.birkonium.com CNC for Luthiers and Industry http://banduramaker.blogspot.com

Hi, my name is Facundo from Chile.
    I've been waiting almost 5 months my machine, george promised that it would take less than a month, I pay 100% of the machine and freight, and I've only received 2 boxes with pieces of aluminum and bearings, every 3 or 5 mail that sent he answers one and tells me he send the rest tomorrow, but that never happens, again told me that everything had been sent per FedEx, but packages had been lost, never gave me an explanation or tracking number from this lost packages.
    Clearly there is something wrong here, if he have any problem right thing is say it, but do not say that tomorrow I send rest everytime.
    I hope soon to have an honest answer from George, and someday be able to use my machine.
    Tomorrow I will put pictures of everything that has come to me in 5 months.
    May be the machines from George are the best, but is very dificult trust in some one when you don't recive answers and only recive Lies.

Sorry for my bad English.

Quote Originally Posted by flozano View Post
    Hi, my name is Facundo from Chile.
    I've been waiting almost 5 months my machine, george promised that it would take less than a month, I pay 100% of the machine and freight, and I've only received 2 boxes with pieces of aluminum and bearings, every 3 or 5 mail that sent he answers one and tells me he send the rest tomorrow, but that never happens, again told me that everything had been sent per FedEx, but packages had been lost, never gave me an explanation or tracking number from this lost packages.
    Clearly there is something wrong here, if he have any problem right thing is say it, but do not say that tomorrow I send rest everytime.
    I hope soon to have an honest answer from George, and someday be able to use my machine.
    Tomorrow I will put pictures of everything that has come to me in 5 months.
    May be the machines from George are the best, but is very dificult trust in some one when you don't recive answers and only recive Lies.

Sorry for my bad English.
    George contacted me, and he is tryng to finish an ship my machine soon.

This parts I recived.
    Excelent Quality, but I need more than this to build the machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails la foto 1-25.jpg   la foto 2-25.jpg  

George, you do really nice machining, and make a nice product,

But why do you have your lower bearings so close together ? Especially on a table with unsupported rails. If you moved the front bearing out 6", your router would probably still go over the front of the table and it would be much more rigid.

I was reading some of the posts and (its none of my business but) when a customer orders a fully wired and tested turnkey machine, from a guy who builds kits and is working way too hard to just keep up. It puts a huge strain on the whole business (and the owner).

I worked crazy like George the whole 90's (cost me a marriage LOL). We would work 36 hours straight with the customer driveing up from the US with a truck and trailer to pick up a machine and be finishing it while we were loading it.

But now i know how to say... Sorry, No i can't have it done by tomorrow. It will be 3-4weeks ... and it is .

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larken View Post
    George, you do really nice machining, and make a nice product,

But why do you have your lower bearings so close together ? Especially on a table with unsupported rails. If you moved the front bearing out 6", your router would probably still go over the front of the table and it would be much more rigid.
    Larry
    um?

how can you move the front bearing out 6", it would be floating in space. the side plate is 6" wide, so thats as wide as you can space the bearings, unless you add axtra parts and complications, which drives the price up, and doesnt really yeild that much of an improvement for the money. at that point you just buy the raptor.

Thanks Larry, I do try to make everything perfect. The machines are so easy to put together you don’t even need instructions. They are designed to be simple. You will learn everything needed about the machine to easily fix anything yourself and not worry. Now that have all the machines running perfect and don’t need to change anything on them no more ,I am starting to getting lots of parts in stock. They are so simple to make turnkey yourself that is a waste of money to pay $1000 or $2000 to put together by another person. I did make some machines turnkey ,but most of the people for reasons could not do themselves. So I said I will get as close as I can, and send machine in sections all together. I could never do for all of them. My 8 year old can put any of the machines together, and the worst things in the world to him is CNC routers and machine shops. So if you have real interest in knowing how machines work it is easy.
    To move out bearings on the upright, they would have to be at least 10 inch wide uprights to make any change, The price would be very much more and machining over double too. Then all other parts would also have to be bigger. So put larger rails on machine instead . most likely just going to make another weak spot somewhere if you start only couple parts larger. Making price of machines jump up. I do get lots of emails to try and buy machines for what I started selling them for. They have gone up a bit but lots of the parts used now are far better than I had first planed on . After over year in the hole, I am just getting out from all mistakes made and everything will be changing fast. A short while ago I was so far in hole for stupid mistake, from not paying attention to thinking know it all when you don’t. From making too many things to fast and have all at once. I didn’t even have one machine running right and I was making another style. Stupid stuff like that . But back to the turnkeys. If you give it a try yourself you will see you don’t need to pay that kind of money. You learn everything about machine and maybe make your own next time. The Viper machines 20 mins, Raptor machines 60 mins from box to standing .
    I just know XZero machines will get better and better
    XZero cnc

Page 91 of 226 41818990919293101141191