588,172 active members*
4,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 5 12345
    Hello,

We are a group of 3 metal workers from Germany and we like the quality you build your plasma tables. We are thinking about building a high quality plasma cam with a Hypertherm 85 and electronics from CandCNC. We want to cut for example strike plates (for doors) from 1.5mm stainless steel. We are very unsure wheter the combination of Hypertherm air plasma and CandCNC electronics will fit our cut quality needings.

Can you say something about the possible cut quality?

Thank you

Glenn

DNelso

Great looking machine. I would love to see some of the DXF/CAD files for the table. Im in the process of trying to figure which route I want to take to build my machine.

I saw on the other thread about you doing some routing and machining with your machines? How well does it perform on aluminum milling? Any chatter from your gantry?

Thanks for the great info you posted already, looking forward to much more.

e-mail for cad files:

[email protected]

@Glenn - Depending on your location in Germany you can come out and look at my machine. I used the same setup as Dave and use a Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Gruesse aus Berlin Andreas

@AndiKid: Did you received my pm?

still no updates on table. Have been building alot of different things. Built a tubing roller and some furniture. Got all the alum machined parts made for the new table.Still trying to get the files put together so i can post them. If anyone is interested in converting the solid models to actual dimension drawings That would be a big help for everyone that has wanted them.
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130112_164302.jpg   20130120_161005.jpg   20130202_153020.jpg   20130202_154021.jpg  

20130202_164236.jpg  

Dave,
    Nice work mate, interested to know what you're powering the tube roller with??
    The rocker....dare I say.....rocks.

Its powered by a tubing pipe thread machine,

Dave,

Could help you out with converting files to dimensional. What format are they currently in? If you have a decent software package i'd consider just posting a STEP/IGES assembly model and let people work off that as many packages can import and measure them.

Daniel

Daniel,
    I can post them as iges or step but was wanting drawings also for those that only work in the 2d world. I just don't have the time to do it
    Dave

Dave,
    Understand, just thought if people really want the design they would find a way for the time being.

I run solidworks natively but can accept most formats. Happy to convert the parts to drawings, not sure how long it'll take me as am busy but will do my best if it saves you time. You've already contributed heaps. Enjoy watching your builds and what you make.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Benderart View Post
    Dave,
    Nice work mate, interested to know what you're powering the tube roller with??
    The rocker....dare I say.....rocks.
    I bet it's a hand threader power head Dave is using. The funny thing it looks like Dewalt yellow so Dave hasn't painted it Dave Red yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dnelso View Post
    Daniel,
    I can post them as iges or step but was wanting drawings also for those that only work in the 2d world. I just don't have the time to do it
    Dave
    I'll jump in here and offer help as Twistedfuse did on this. The step file which native software was used to create it (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor®, Pro/ENGINEER®,CATIA® V5, Unigraphics/NX®, Solid Edge®) ?

When I get the time here I'll help out and convert over to DWG or DXF format. Need to see the step file to determine how long it might take.

Actually the STEP file should do well for anyone they can download eDrawings free viewer. But I'll still convert over the file to DWG and DXF and return it to Dave so he can post his file.

Dave, Pm sent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnelso View Post
    Its powered by a tubing pipe thread machine,
    Ah hah....I see it now.
    The only pipe threading machine I've used is an old Ridgid........way back when.
    Good choice tho, plenty of torque.

Got back to work on the table. drilled and tapped all holes for linear rails. I did the racks a little different this time. i tapped the holes instead of using thru bolts and nuts. Got a pic of the gear box before i put it on.
    Dave
    Attachment 185546Attachment 185548

K2 doesn't make the z axis that i used before. Velox makes them now but there kinda expensive. I found this one on ebay for 220.00
    I have to add switch for touching off but still a pretty nice piece for the price.
    6" Z Axis Linear Motion Table for CNC Router with Ballscrew | eBayAttachment 185620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130521_220841.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	185622

Dave I've been looking through your builds and I was wondering about your water table. In another post I thought you had said that you made it from .09 aluminum and it was a separate drop in item. In this build it looks as though the water table is steel and being welded into the frame. Is this the case? why the change? and what material thickness did you go with for the watertable? also if that is the case, are the sides of the water table all the way to the top of the frame or is the water table just an extension of the 3x3 frame rails?

The first table was .090 alum and was a drop in. The new tables are made from .090 steel and does go up the 3x3 and is welded.The alum did not hold up as well as i thought it would,It is still in operation but will need to be replaced soon.Dave

Ahh thanks for the reply Dave! So let me ask you how did you accomplish only having the one weld in the corner of the tray aside from the center seam. Originally I thought you had just cut the shape of the end and bent it but i realized that piece would intersect with the rest of the tray. Im stumped, Also If you have the files for this table I would be glad to convert them to drawing files, I've started on my own design but have take alot of inspiration from your build, so i will pay it forward and convert some files to drawings.
    -Daniel

Hi Guys
    Greeting from South Africa
    I am looking at building my first table anyone able to assist with plans and info

Dave I would appreciate some help from you

Regards

Page 3 of 5 12345