587,478 active members*
3,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > create 2d toolpath

create 2d toolpath

I'm stuck, I can't get a 2d drawing recognized by MadCam. Madcam is very particular about recognizing the lines or curves in a drawing and I have not found a way to consistently get Madcam beyond the "select surfaces and meshes to export" command. I have received advice from Joakim and others and followed it exactly and not so exactly, I've spent many hours but no luck.

I know Madcam is a good and reasonably easy to use program but I think there is a piece of info that is being omitted in the advice I have received so
    far. So if anybody would is up for a challenge send me your thoughts on how to get past the first step in producing a file in Madcam.

The advice I have already received from Joakim was to use the corner to corner tool to draw a rectangle around the part then click the select sufaces button in mad cam, this did not work. I also received advice to use the offset curves command and the corner to corner surface command this did not work either.

I really think there is some small piece of information that is being left out or for some reason I just have'nt gotten the description that works for me.

Thanks Joe

Hi Daisydog,

Don't get discouraged. Do you have any surfaces in your 2d drawing? Madcam has to see a surface in order to work. If you only have a drawing, say of a circle you wish to cut out, you have to have a surface to select in order for Madcam to read the geometry.

Take a look at this file and see if it makes sense with the notes I included.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk further.

Chris Robinson
    Attached Files Attached Files

Joe can you post your part as a zipped 3dm file? That would make it so much easier.

Hey Chris thanks for the help. Have you dn'lded the new beta? Are you by chance going to the Mach convention in Knoxville this weekend?

Mike

ps feedback on the new beta would be nice. I talked with Joakim today and there are a couple more changes to be made.
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Hello,

Thanks for the advice all.

I do have the latest beta loaded.

I will be trying the latest tips tonight or tomorrow and give a progress report as soon as I have somthing to report.

Thanks,

Joe

Mike,

I haven't tested it out yet. I've been finishing up a big round of designs for that tri-plex and a large custom kitchen project. I have to get cutting tomorrow, so, we'll see how it goes.

The boss hasn't made up her mind yet about Sunday.

Chris

Hello......................

Hello Termite,
    So, how is the car going. Well, it has been a long month of Alibre, Rhino, V-ray evaluations and I have made up my mind after doing a few projects.
    Next Step: CAM......Can someone give me a link to the MadCam Beta....download......Thanks, All

Quote Originally Posted by ratrace2 View Post
    Hello Termite,
    So, how is the car going. Well, it has been a long month of Alibre, Rhino, V-ray evaluations and I have made up my mind after doing a few projects.
    Next Step: CAM......Can someone give me a link to the MadCam Beta....download......Thanks, All
    Sure I can. http://www.madcamcnc.com/download_page.asp

Joakim just put the latest up today. I just downloaded myself, but feel like I am coming down with the flu. Back to bed!:tired:

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.