Hello All,

I have decided to build my own CNC router to route out parts fro an airplane I intend to build. I need to cut .020 to .032" thick aluminum sheet as well as .75" MDF for the forms. I have many years experience in linear motion and have acquired a fair amount of goodies to build a machine. What i am lacking is the driver electronics and there are so many choices I am unsure where to look. Below is what I intends to try and build and use and it woudl be great if someone can steer me to a few sites with electronic equipment that will work with what I have.

I want to build a machine with a working area of 4' x 5'.
I am open to Stepper or Servo. I already have many Nema 23 steppers, some 34 Steppers and a few huge ones.
I would like to run closed loop with linear encoders. I have some Renishaw RGH24 tape encoders.
I want to use optical limits. I have some Omron EESX-674 limit switches. NPN or PNP output I believe unsure which the 674 is.
I will likely use a leadscrew on all axis but i am open to the rack and pinion layout for the long axis.
I have some long THK recirculating rails I can use on the spanning gantry and the X axis but none long enough for the long axis so I may end up using the open rail system and metal wheels.
I plan to run each long axis with its own motor and screw so I need a total of 4 axis controller.
Would be nice if controller also had ability to turn on and off and adjust he speed of Spindle.
I may decide to use a dedicated router spindle with air or water cooling over adapting an off the shelf wood router.
I will be running it with a desktop computer and I am open to a solution using Mach3 or not.
I will be designing my parts in solidworks and can export them into a DXF to make the cutting file if needed. I also have mastercam but have never used it before but can get help from a coworker.

I dont need extreme speed and am willing to cut as slow as needed.

Well that about does it. If anyone can lend a hand to helping me find some electronics that will be able to do all this that would be great.

Best regards,

Marc