587,945 active members*
3,309 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: DXF export

Hybrid View

Question DXF export

I reciently purchased a seat of the hobby version. I am currently using PartMaster to create details for a weld fixture for a customer. I am having the details machined out of house since all my machines a manual. After completing the drawings I export them as dxf. I imported one of them to see if the dxf conversion was ok and found that many of the arcs came aout as lines. Any complete circles meaning 360 degrees exported fine. Is there a setting that i'm missing?

Hello,
    Did you draw arcs or 3 point curves? When the curve is drawn a short straight line is left on the drawing and I am wondering if that is what you are seeing? If you are drawing curves you should look at them close(zoom in) and delete any straight lines that were used for construction of the curve. There may be a setting to eliminate the need to do this but I am not aware of what it is. If this is the case you may just need to look at the .dra files close and delete any of those straight chords used to create the curves.
    Hope this helps, if not let use know.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

What version are your using ?

The attached zip file contains a Vs10 drawing, an exported DXF file and an Autocad DWG file. All seem fine.

I have imported the DXF into AutoCAD, 3DCAM, Rhino, MACH and CorelDRAW (old version) and they all work except CorelDraw which ignores the rads altogether.

ATB
    Andre
    Attached Files Attached Files

The zip files imported fine. I am able to print a dra. file after I draw it and everything looks ok. I think the dxf export is changing my arcs to lines. When I view the properties of a dxf file that I export it shows that some of the arcs are lines. I viewed the properties of the arcs during construction and they are arcs. All my fillets and some of the circles that I cropped with intersecting lines are changing to lines during export as dxf. I have viewed the dxf.s with Ver 10 , Ver 9.2 and with Cadkey 19 they all are seeing the files the same. Some of my cropped circles that contain more than 180 deg show at least part of the arc.
    Thanks for your responses

Can you send the original .dra to me please - [email protected]

Could you also go to Help > About Dcad and let me know the exact version number you are using.

Thanks
    Andre

I don't have access to the computer thats it's installed on right now. Ill get it when I get to my shop. I have a trial version 9.2 on this computer it also does the same thing on it. But I did make a change on one of the fillets that you sent in your sample dxf by removing it and replacing it with an identical size fillet. I exported it again as a dxf and viewed it after re-importing it. When I viewed it everything looked good. Maybe its the way I've got it set up in the drawing mode.
    Thanks for your quick responses