587,180 active members*
4,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 10M Buffer Overflow

Dear All,

I just bought Hitachi Seiki with Fanuc 10M, and try to operate with NC code from Handy File.
    When receive Nc code from Handy File, machine get alarm SR82A = Buffer Overflow, and receive G code approximate 30 lines from 1000 lines.
    temporary i will try NC code from Handy File because no set up DNC yet, and for make sure that no trouble with my machine.
    Please help me to solve the problem.

Thanks
    Nastek

The Fanuc 10M normallly handshakes with an RS232 device using DC codes (same as Xon/Xoff). The Handy File device must be set to send ASCII Even parity (ISO) tape codes and use DC code or Xon/Xoff handshaking. Also, the parameters in the Fanuc for IO device must be set to use DC codes. Make sure that parameters 5110 and 5120 are both set to "3" for DC code handshaking.

If you still get buffer overflow alarms, the Handy File device is not handshaking fast enough. It must stop sending data within 10 characters when the Fanuc sends an Xoff character.

Nastek,

The one thing that I have always experienced on the 10&11 series controls is this exact alarm. I have notes stating as Dan has said about these controls can only accept 10 characters to the buffer unlike most machines I believe have 16. The way I have always fixed this was to adjust your FIFO buffer on the PC. This can be done by going to:
    controlpanel>system>devicemanager>ports>selectcomp ort>properties>portsettings>advanced. Set the transmit buffer to low if you have problems sending from PC to CNC or set receive buffer to low if the problem is from CNC to PC.

Stevo

Great replies! I have also found that stepping down the baudrate on both will solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Great replies! I have also found that stepping down the baudrate on both will solve the problem.
    Yes on this series control I do not run any higher then a 4800 baudrate. I use to run at 9600 on my 10&11 series but about 1 out of 20 downloads some parts of the program would wrap 2 blocks of code together. So I took all the machines down to 4800 and never had a problem again. However I still had to adjust my FIFO buffers to take care of the “overflow” alarm. These machines can be so dang temperamental it will drive you crazy.

Stevo

Great Job,
    Thanks for replies, and i will try it.
    By the way, can i change the baudrate of Handy File to 2400 ?

Regards,
    Nastek

Re: Fanuc 10M Buffer Overflow

Dear friends

Please send cable wiring of Fanuc 11M for DNC.
    Thanks
    Manaf

Re: Fanuc 10M Buffer Overflow

CNC (DB25M) PC (DB9)

1 <--------------- Shield ----------------- Not Connected
    2 <----------------------------------------> 2
    3 <----------------------------------------> 3
    4 & 5 Jumped (CNC end only)
    6, 8 & 20 Jumped (CNC end only)
    7 <----------------------------------------> 5