588,126 active members*
4,634 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Help cuttting from the back side??
Page 3 of 4 1234
    Previous MCX

Not that I'm desperate....

James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Review my file. sorry about the delay i had vendors and PE's (Project eng's) coming to me and quotes to do.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Review my file. sorry about the delay i had vendors and PE's (Project eng's) coming to me and quotes to do.
    Ok that is perfect, how come it works on your on e and not mine???

^o)

James

Jay,

Can you describe what was wrong and how you fixed it? Thanks.

is CADCAMs Name Jay?

Ok it didn't take me long, but it is a good thing, I broke the model???

It doesn't work now, but it does now narrow it down to a setting actually on my computer here?

What could it be?

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tool plane must be set to TOP or off in entry MKii.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Skin View Post
    Ok it didn't take me long, but it is a good thing, I broke the model???

It doesn't work now, but it does now narrow it down to a setting actually on my computer here?

What could it be?

James
    See if any of you can make any sense of this?

Ohh and I did like the little touch of leaving tabs on the bottom too, it was noticed

james

Quote Originally Posted by Skin View Post
    is CADCAMs Name Jay?
    No it's Jayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    Yes it is.
    Can he come back please now??

Jay H-E-L-P !!!

J

I will be back am busy this moment.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I will be back am busy this moment.
    Ok

No pressure or anythign like that at the moment, I just wanted to know you were okay

I'll just get back to worrying quietly now

J

Most call me Jay as mike has stated my full name is Jayson.
    Cadcam

Jay my name is James, and its a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Sorry for all the haassle on here and the barrage of questions, I've just been staring at this now for days knowing it should really work, and I should be cutting metal, but 'Computer says NO' and I am running out fo logical buttons to press :S

J

James,

Don't let your machine sit over this. Do what I said earlier and translate/rotate the part to the top view so you can keep your spindle turning.

So I broght the file in and wants go in a different plane ,interesting.But if I force a regen on that op it all good.
    What machine def are you using.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails part1.jpg  
    Cadcam

its twenty to midnight here, I'll let it chill till morning, it has turned into a principle thing, the prgs are written in the three part breakdown, but I don't like to give up on these things, especially now that I've seen it run properly on THIS screen, and then imedialtly break too????

But thanks, and I'll be doign what I can soon.

J

So I broght the file in and wants go in a different plane ,interesting.But if I force a regen on that op it all good.
    What machine def are you using.
    I'm using a standard 3 Axis Vertical Milling Machine in mm's just standard out fo the stock options here, I haven't started making one that is based on ours yet?

J

I am the same way I go nuts if I can't figure something like this out. good night mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    I am the same way I go nuts if I can't figure something like this out. good night mate.
    Nooo the night is far from over here, I love a time shift away from you in the states, so I'll just sit and be patient for tonight, tomorrow the most important things I have to do are write CNC programs for mill and go down to the test track and try out our new bike

but the longer I don't have this running properly the longer we wait to start rewriting our progs, so at this point I'd like to start things out properly, instead of having to have three MCX files and three NC codes and 3 SolidWorks parts for every one part we want to cut, at this point whilst I have the luxuary of digging my heals in, I'd like to know I can rationalise what I'm doing here properly

J

Guys I am the same way I will play for hours if need be to figure it out.I am off to teach class. talk to you in the AM.
    Cadcam

Page 3 of 4 1234