587,149 active members*
5,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 16 of 32 6141516171826

Hybrid View

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychbiker View Post
    Hi Guys,

I came across this thread searching "HY04D023B" as that's the VFD that I ordered. I plan to use this for a 5hp 3 phase old planer.

I haven't even ran wire to mine yet. I would like to run a 20ft cord with a 10-30r nema male plug on it so I can plug it into my dryer outlet. The manual confused the sh** out of me and I've been too busy past week to look further.

I plan to remove the on/off switch on the planer and 'reset' box so the VFD is wired directly to the motor. Is wiring an on/off switch between the wall and VFD needed if I plan to plug and unplug it when needed?

Does anyone have recommended parameters I should use? Might be asking a lot so let me know. A soft start and soft wind down would be good. I won't need variable speed.

The motor is a 5hp 12 full amps draw.
    Yes that's an easy one to do, is the switch on the machine for 240V single phase, if it is it is best to use a switch to turn the power to the VFD ON /OFF, what RPM is the motor, and what RPM range do you want to run it at
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Yes that's an easy one to do, is the switch on the machine for 240V single phase, if it is it is best to use a switch to turn the power to the VFD ON /OFF, what RPM is the motor, and what RPM range do you want to run it at
    Yeah, the switch is on the machine, then goes to a box that says (reset) then to the motor.

Pic of motor tag. I'd like to run it at it's full 3400rpm. Pic of similar machine below. Mine is belt drive motor, not direct drive, but shows the on/off switch go to a box then motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychbiker View Post
    I plan to remove the on/off switch on the planer and 'reset' box so the VFD is wired directly to the motor. Is wiring an on/off switch between the wall and VFD needed if I plan to plug and unplug it when needed?
    Normally you would wire the 240v into the enclosure together with the VFD, The existing contactor/disconnect SW would be used to drop power to the VFD input on an E-stop, as per most VFD instruction manuals.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    How to setup Chinese VFD to 2.2KW spindle.
    Picture included, as well as PDF manual.

(I dont own the product, just figured this would help EVERYone else out that does!!)

PDF file is 15.8MB (large). It actually is very easy to read and navigate, i was impressed on how informational it is. Hope this helps someone!

1. I drafed the wire picture. Please see from the link: http://www.jinlantrade.com/Stock%20files/0008.jpg
    2. You can see download the inverter manual from web link:
    http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf
    3. I just tell you how to set up VFD as following
    Firstly, adjust the PD013 to 8 (set the setting to factory setting)
    Secondly, adjust the PD005 to 400
    Thirdly, adjust the PD004 to 400
    Finally, adjust the PD003 to 400
    Finally, adjust the PD144 to 3000
    Note: you should set PD013, PD005, PD004,PD003, PD144 in order. It mean you should firstly set PD013, then PD005, then PD004, then set PD003, finally set PD144.
    Note: after you set the all above parameter, then please recheck the PD005, PD004, PD003 value is 400 or not to confirmed that you already set it. (note: please do not check the PD013, or all the setting will go to factory setting)
    The reason we let you recheck is that if you do not set it at 400, then when you run the spindle motor, the spindle motor will be over-current, then the spindle will very hot and then within 5 minutes, it will broken.
    That setting format dosn't look like what I have. I have a huajiang 1.5kw vfd that came with my .8kw spindle and the format on inverter display is P0-xx not the pd-xxx. Framiliar?

Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Hi guys.
    I noticed my Mach3 and spindle (1.5kW water Cooled) are not working as expected.

The issue is: when I set the spindle speed to the minimum on Mach3, the spindleis is actually spinning at 24000 rpm (top speed).

If I select the Mach3 spindle speed to the full steam ahead, the spindle nearly stops.

I've tested the PWM board signal (0-10v) and the output was 9.9V when the spindle was at 24000rpm - but Mach3 was around 800rpm

The relays are also working (it does spin CW and CCW when demanded.)

So what I did wrong????

Please check the snapshots.

[FIXED]
    Dir low active and step low active on spindle's Port & Pins had the wrong value. I unticked both now the spindle is @max speed when Mach3 is @max speed. I hope my silly mistake help this community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vfd / spindle setup went ok - mostly.

Configuration of the drive went well regarding parameters. Spindle started up fine, and ran fine. The spindle was even fairly well balanced with only slight vibrations.

The cap on my motor is plastic underneath the electrical connector so connecting the ground wire there was not an option. Instead, I pulled the ground wire out from the cable insulation and routed it outside the connector. I then connected it to the spindle bracket. Easy fix.

At present, I have a potentiometer on a remote panel to control the speed, and I have the on/off controlled by MACH3 via a relay.

Following typical "break in proceedures" of industrial spindles, I slowly (over a period of hours) broght the spindle up to 24,000 RPM. The spindle runs a lot hotter than I would expect.

QUESTION: How hot does your spindle get (this is the 2.2kw, air cooled spindle)? Most of the heat on mine comes from the lower bearing area. I can barely hold my hand on the spindle after it runs for about an hour.

Chris D

I have two of those spindles, clamped to a board for testing. On one of them, the bearings are noticeably tighter than the other. But they seem to run at similar temperatures.
    What I noticed, was the first time I ran them, they got pretty warm. But they seem to run cooler as they were ran more. The longest I have run them was maybe 20 minutes, and they probably didn't get much more than 100-110°F. But not running at 24,000.
    What was the ambient temp when you were running them? It was about 60-65°F in my garage when I was running mine.
    In practice, I will probably rarely run them over 18,000 rpm. And mostly in the 12,000-15,000 range. From what I've seen, I didn't think they would run that hot, but that perception may change when they are actually cutting.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Gerry,

The ambient was around 90 degrees F.

The spindle was probably in the range of 160 just guessing. I found my infrared thermometer this morning so next weekend I will run the spindle again to see what temps it actually gets up to.

Chris

Hi,

I need a little help here.

I did the VFD parameter setup but the motor is like its surging at mid speed. It also shakes the machine badly. To listen the surge please watch the video below.

Motor is brand new. Specs are:
    Phases: 3 Ph
    Number of Poles: 2
    Frequency: 50 Hz
    Max Amps: 8.2
    Rated Voltage: 220v

VFD: Huanyang 4.0kw

What I've tried:
    - Removed the pulley (Same result)
    - I've tried to control the motor through the operator panel (to make sure the analog signal of the BB is good)
    - I've measured the motor shaft with a dial indicator to see if the shaft is true. It's perfectly true.

And this is my current setting (With the same order):

This .xls table can be downloaded here: http://puu.sh/x1gzF.xlsx

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Suat

By the way,

OK I checked this thread and I think I have to congratulate @mactec54 for being very patient all the time. He answered all the questions.

I believe he also has already answered my question here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindl...ml#post1768524

But the motor mentioned in the post has 4 poles. Mine has 2 poles. For the working frequency how high can I go with the motor? 100hz?

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    By the way,

OK I checked this thread and I think I have to congratulate @mactec54 for being very patient all the time. He answered all the questions.

I believe he also has already answered my question here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindl...ml#post1768524

But the motor mentioned in the post has 4 poles. Mine has 2 poles. For the working frequency how high can I go with the motor? 100hz?
    If your motor is a good quality, then you can go as high as 120Hz, 100Hz would be safe if you are unsure of the motor quality, make sure you have a minimum Hz setting, this parameter is important, running the motor too slow, it will over heat without using an electric fan to keep it cool

Both of these Parameters you set the same 20Hz may be as slow as you can go with this motor, you could try 15Hz
    PD011
    PD73

These 4 Parameters would be set to the Max Frequency that you are going to run 100Hz or 120Hz max

PD03
    PD04
    PD05
    PD72
    Mactec54

Hi Mactec54,

Got it.

Say I use 100hz max, the parameter PD144 (I think it is the speed at 50hz) will be the value that is written in the motor plate (2900 in mine)? Or do I divide it to 2 (1450RPM)? EDIT: or double (5800)?

Hi Mactec54,

Got it.

Say I use 100hz max, the parameter PD144 (I think it is the speed at 50hz) will be the value that is written in the motor plate (2900 in mine)? Or do I divide it to 2 (1450RPM)? EDIT: or double (5800)?
    If the motor rated is 2900 @ 50Hz, then 100Hz would double the RPM but because the max number for this VFD would be PD144 3000, this then give it no restriction on the RPM

Having 50Hz in your country your max for this motor would be 100Hz, so safe would be 80Hz with your 50Hz motor, if the quality is good then 100Hz will be fine

The 120Hz I listed is for a 60Hz motor
    Mactec54

Interesting. The manual I have the max value for PD144 is 24000.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170804_175153.jpg  

Interesting. The manual I have the max value for PD144 is 24000.

That's good they may have finally changed it, then try set it to the RPM that you expect to get with 100Hz

This is what it has been for many years, there may be other changes that I have not seen, is there a number or anything on your manual or do you have a link to a PDF manual
    Mactec54

I'll take a look to the manual if there is a change list.

Hi,

I've tried everything but no luck. The problem still persist. The motor surges at mid speed (700-1500 RPM) and shakes the machine. I've used the VFD it on my CNC-Router for 3 years without a single problem so I started to blame the motor (it's brand new ).

By the way, my VFD is not new. I noticed the parameters don't reset at all after I set PD013 to 08. Then I googled and find a post that the author mentioned 01 instead 08. So tried 01 and it did the reset. Weird.

The date I purchased the VFD is 07-16-2014 but I suspect it's much older than that.

Please see the VFD name plate in the attachment.

HY04D023B 220V 4.0KW General Variable Frequency Drive VFD Step-up Inverter $193.28 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com

Maybe I should buy a better motor. Maybe a 4 pole one.

By the way, I can not enter anything higher than 50 for PD003.

This definitely is not my best day. I feel hopeless.

By the way, I can not enter anything higher than 50 for PD003.

This definitely is not my best day. I feel hopeless.

Your VFD may be a copy of the Huanyang, which may be the reason for some different Parameter settings, there have been many different copies of this VFD, I don't think it is resetting correctly

PD003 would of been set at 400 for your other spindle this is the main frequency that you would be running at

PD000=0 if this is 1 then the VFD will not reset

Your motor looks good, I would say there are some Parameters that have not reset to default

Try everything set at 50Hz and see how the motor runs at it's standard name plate Hz
    Mactec54

Page 16 of 32 6141516171826