587,227 active members*
3,767 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Huanyang Vfd e-stop help

Huanyang Vfd e-stop help

Hey guys,

I've been playing around with a Huanyang vfd and Chinese spindle on our scratch built CNC in school. So far I've been able to run the spindles and let mach3 control the on/off and speed through the analog inputs. I would like the spindle to control the water cooling and trigger an e-stop if there is a abnormal condition such as a current overload. When working with kids, anything could happen. I figure I need as much safety equipment rigged up as I can get.

I've read the instructions but I'm really confused as to the wiring and the pid #s and settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Could you tell me how you wired your VFD to get on/off and spindle control with mach3. Is there special settings in Mach 3 to get these two fuctions to work? I currently have my spindle setup with a manual on/off switch and a pot switch for adjusting RPM. But i can't seem to figure out how to wire it and set it up to control these with mach 3. Any help would be appreciated.

Like most VFD's this has configurable inputs and outputs, you can configure one of the unused in as an E-stop IN if you wish 09 is E-stop in.
    For the four outputs you can configure one as E-Stop on Fault out1 (PD050=02). This is a N.O. or N.C. relay output and normally could go in series with your hardwired E-stop string, which you should have, especially in a teaching environment.
    Another you could configure to turn on the cooling when a run is initiated.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Al the man,
    Could you send me a wiring diagram how to tie the VFD with the e-stop circuit as you described. thanks for you help

What you normally already should have is a low voltage series (E-Stop) string consisting of N.C. devices, the FA & FB N.C. contacts of the #2 output relay would be one of the devices in this string, the final result would be a low voltage coil relay with multi-contacts, these contacts would be responsible for dropping out any power relays and also a contact into the P.P. to advise Mach a E-Stop had taken place.
    The para PD051 would be set to 02 (fault detect).
    This would be the advisable way especially in a teaching environment where OSHA standards would be advisable.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.