588,166 active members*
4,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Kollmorgen Servostar and Moog Servo Drivers

Kollmorgen Servostar and Moog Servo Drivers

Hey all,

I recently got my hands on a set of three Kollmorgen Servostar's (SR03000) and their associated rectifier module. Unfortunately the university that was throwing them away had already disposed of all the manuals, software and actual servos (these were all water-damaged in a hail storm that broke the sky lights, while the drivers were safely away in a dry cabinet).

I've looked all over the internet for some manuals or any documentation at all to do with these drivers, but have been unable to find much. A friend who used to work in the CNC machining industry suggested I try here to see if anyone has any experience with them.

So, has anyone here used these drives before or have any of the connection diagrams or software. I'm also wondering what sort of motors would be appropriate to be used on a system like this?

I also got a set of four Moog servo drivers from the same system (it used to all be used to drive a 7-axis robot arm), but I don't have the model numbers for those with me right at the moment.

Thanks,
    Sam

http://www.kollmorgen.com/website/co..._ServoStar.pdf
    Did you get this one?
    Also the tuning software may have something.
    http://www.electromate.com/technical...morgansoftware
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I looked through those links and managed to find both the manual for the ServoStars and working software for configuration.
    Using the specs in the manual I was able to wire up the power bus rectifier (PA0800) for single phase AC and turn on one of the drivers, and all seems to be working.
    As I'm in Australia where we have 240VAC, running the power bus rectifier off a single phase results in a slightly higher bus power voltage of 340VDC, but this is still close enough to the max spec.

I also found the model number for the Moog drivers. They have a similar arrangement with a rectifier module to provide the DC rails and a few servo driver modules. The model of the servo driver modules is T164-901A-00-C3-2-1A (1.5kW) and the rectifier is 150-201D-02 (17.5kW!).
    I searched the Moog sites and they don't seem to have any details on these models (presumably they're too old), so I'll probably try sending an email to them directly.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the servos for either of the systems and even if i did I'm not sure I could think of a sensible use I have for seven 1.5kW servo motor drives. I will probably have to end up selling them...