587,998 active members*
1,458 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Need help with M05. spindle does not stop

Need help with M05. spindle does not stop

We have recently purchased a demo SKT210SY. I need help with a few things first. When a M05 command is issued is the spindle supposed to stop or coast to a stop. If there is a command i need to make the spindle stop please let me know.

Jesse

First of all, make sure your control is looking at the correct spindle encoder. M54 is the code for that. We had the same problem and traced it down to coolant leaking out of the spindle and getting on the belts and brake disc. Our machine dealer retrofitted the spindle with o-rings and solved the problem.

Wow, talk about a delayed reaction. This post is almost 3 years old. But you were correct the belts were loose and oily causing them to slip. Thanks for the reply though.

Hi Jesse,

Would you mind elaborating on the repair? I am having a similar problem with an SKT21-LMS. M5 does not stop spindle and AL-15 SPINDLE COMMAND TIME OVER during a run.

Thanks,
    Joseph

Joseph,

My problem was actually very simple. The belts on the main spindle were loose and very greasy. So what was actually happening to me was that the motor its self would stop with the mo5 but slick loose belts allowed the spindle to remain spinning when the machine thought it had stopped. When m05 was given and the motor had stopped it would release again and allow the spindle to simply coast to a stop.

hope that helps..