588,094 active members*
4,849 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New W.XP and Mach 2.48 no movement

Hello friends.
    I just clean up my computer and reinstall Windows XP and Mach3 2.48. (I reboot)
    Before I was working with no problem and now I cant make my motors move.
    My test drive shows a successful test but my lecture is 23.880.
    I Run g-code program and my router will start and stop normally, the LEDs in the Break board card dance nicely and all looks nice but motors wont move. I know they Lock because cant move them and they get slightly warm. My electricity is coming at 110 volt but I guess that is not a real problem. When I close Mach and the computer but not my control box I can feel all 4 motors slightly vibrating. I have a week with these problem and I am starting to get nervous. Please I need and orientation.

Make sure all your step and direction pins are set to port1 and not port0
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hello Gerry.
    I Install all again a recheck all my steps carefully. I revise deeply Mach3 tutorial and I am almost sure that all my inputs and output and settings are correct. I am having a friend electric engineer, that loves electronics that is going to help me check the electric response of the different components. What concerns me is that the machine was working nicely till I reinstall Windows XP and Mach3 2.48. Since then every thing works OK except the motors. No movement, no noise, they get lightly warm and engage. I am using 4 G.203V and 4 Oriental PK296_2A-7.2 and a PMDX-122 card . Something important. Before I remember that I could hear the motors engaging and not now and if I close the computer with out closing my control box , before motors will make a lot of noise and hard vibration, now they will slightly vibrate. I use a separate 5v source for my breakeboard card.

Hello Guys.
    ¿No ideas yet? Please I need help. My friend have not been able to come by and I cant get this machine running.
    :drowning:S.O.S