587,418 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Renishaw touch probe calibration and accuracy
Page 2 of 2 12
    The variation on the axis acuracy is very annoying, but that's where the probe really shines. It automatically corrects for this at every part measure.
    Yes this would be good as you are following the heat stretch of the machine part to part and adjusting for it.

I have a question about probing methods.

Do you guys home out your machines before probing, and in between parts??

Setup>Probe>First Piece>Run say 10 parts>Probe Again
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    I have a question about probing methods.

Do you guys home out your machines before probing, and in between parts??

Setup>Probe>First Piece>Run say 10 parts>Probe Again
    I use G28 for z and also y in the program for loading positioning, but as far as homing "restart", I do that on Monday when I come in and let it go all week. If a major event occurs I'll re-home everything. I've never had a problem with it losing home reference. I did have a robodrill do that once, except they don't home, go figure. Lost .008 on an axis for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gpcoe View Post
    I did have a robodrill do that once, except they don't home, go figure. Lost .008 on an axis for no reason.
    Lift the way cover, you have a chip on the switch
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Lift the way cover, you have a chip on the switch
    Can't....we got rid of them. Tried out the 0/180 measure to find the center and it worked perfect. I am in the middle of changing out jobs and needed to change the probe stylus so I decided to copy all the calibration numbers and compare them to what they looked like after a re-calibration. Keep in mind I was still getting great accuracy at the end of the previous part run. All of the numbers (this was a vector calibrate) were within .0001 of what they were before. The offset was perfect. I tried several times to "sabotage" it by moving the WPC on each axis as much as .200 and each time it found the exact same WPC update. I'm very impressed by this method and highly recommend it to a friend. We'll see just how well it works out with an actual part measure...

Thanks A Lot

Renishaw tool probe

Hello gentelmen,

I read all of them, you talked about precision of measurement. thats good but i need information about workpiece tool probe by renishaw, ho i can calibrate and measure on Siemens 840d sl turning machine. If you have any experience, please give some examples.

Thank you . . .

Page 2 of 2 12