587,272 active members*
4,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ: multi axis parts in 6061

I would like to get some quotes on making 20 of these parts. The shape of the parts will require multi-axis machining. The part is 3.375" tall x 2.75" dia with the boss protruding from the side at a 45 degree angle. There are threaded holes on the top, bottom and sides.

Tolerances of +-.005, except for the center bore which needs to be +.002 -.000. No surface treatments necessary. You will need to provide the material.

The part is currently modeled in solidworks, but I can provide CAD model in whatever format you need.

I have an immediate need for the initial order of 20 parts. Based on the success of the initial order, there is potential for additional orders of larger quantities. I would like to limit the RFQ to the USA.

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6061TB.JPG  

Sent you a PM.

Why do not you consider making it in China?
    I frequently make prototype plastic parts air send to USA because our price is still very competitive EVEN after adding freight.
    And Chinese mold industry is huge different than 20 years ago, most of technique and equipment is coming up rapidly.

If interested please send CAD/prt/igs file to [email protected] thanks, Harry

Careful.. the darkside is calling for you....

Quote Originally Posted by ieojk View Post
    Why do not you consider making it in China?
    I frequently make prototype plastic parts air send to USA because our price is still very competitive EVEN after adding freight.
    And Chinese mold industry is huge different than 20 years ago, most of technique and equipment is coming up rapidly.

If interested please send CAD/prt/igs file to [email protected] thanks, Harry
    Yeah he could, then before you know it his idea is all over the place and he made no money.

Ieojk,
    With all due respect, China is the biggest reason the USA is in the horrible economic condition its in. I, for one, don't plan on sending ANY work to China. I want to do my part to keep Americans working.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but that's the way I feel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flathead View Post
    Ieojk,
    With all due respect, China is the biggest reason the USA is in the horrible economic condition its in. I, for one, don't plan on sending ANY work to China. I want to do my part to keep Americans working.

Thanks
    There ya go. Except I do not blame China, they are just doing what they can to move up. It's the penny pinching money hungry people here in the states. China folk are the tempters

Quote Originally Posted by flathead View Post
    Ieojk,

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing opinion.
    1, For people like us individual: business is business, all are thinking about enlarge profit. you are tring to be a leaf bring back spring going to summer.
    2, Even if not China acts the biggest exporting country, as long as the international trade exits and human power differential among nations, another country will act the same thing.
    So it is a big climate beyond our ability.

RFQ Closed

This RFQ has been closed. The job has been awarded. Thanks to all of you who quoted.