588,136 active members*
6,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > Rhino3D Pricing...

Rhino3D Pricing...

I'm thinking about picking up Rhino3D (I'm down to deciding between Rhino & BobCAD/CAM).

The price on www.rhino3d.com for the commercial single-user is $995.00. However, when I look on www.rhinocam.com, it appears as though they sell Rhino 4.0 for $699 (or $599 if you already own a mec product).

Can anyone help me out here? Buying Rhino doesn't involve the same tactics, sales call and pricing BS as bobcad, right? What's a fair price for Rhino3d?

Thanks!

tikka308 I am trying to get set up as a Rhino reseller but I can promise you I can't meet the $699 price.

ot....I personally like the 270 over the 308 but in some cases the 308 is a better choice!

Mike

btw just to be sure you understand, Rhino has to have a cam to go with it. I sell Madcam which is a plugin for Rhino. If you're interested, pm me.
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Here is the the way it works:

You can buy through McNeel directly, they sell at MSRP ($995).
    - or -
    You can buy through a reseller. Rhino resellers are not bound by the MSRP, they can fix their prices at whatever level they feel works for them - even sell at a loss if they wish.

In the US there is a lot of competition, so the retail prices offered by some resellers are quite a bit lower than the list price. The bigger resellers buy in volume and get bigger discounts from McNeel, thus they can sell cheaper and still make a profit.

MecSoft's primary business is not selling Rhino, but selling Rhino at a low price brings people to their site. If you buy a MesSoft product at the same time, you can get Rhino basically at dealer cost, which is offered as incentive to to encourage customers to buy MecSoft software.

US resellers are not supposed to sell outside their territory, i.e. not to other places in the world where prices for Rhino are much higher. --ch

Rhino and Bobcad

Bobcad can offer you a good deal for both bobcad and Rhinocad.