587,691 active members*
3,710 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Series 21-MB Controller programming

Series 21-MB Controller programming

First I wanted to say I love your site. I read through it a lot but haven't had to ask any questions because usually I can find what I need.

I work for a small industrial electronic repair facility and I have been trying to develop a fanuc testing fixture for our biggest customer. I have all of the hardware connected and everything powers up. However, I do not have a program in it because I purchased the pieces individually for the system.

I have been reading through the PMC programming language manual and I'm still kind of foggy where I need to start on this thing. I know ladder logic, other forms of programming and I'm a technician here. I've been trying to learn everything I can on Fanuc but I've hit a road bump on this.

This is basically my plea to anyone that knows the base programming of a fanuc controller. There is 0 in the ladder on it right now. Is this something that is doable by myself if someone is willing to help me out or can you recommend what my next step should be? We are located in Sterling Heights, MI and even if someone is local to the area and knows how to do this and wants to make some money on the side we would be willing to contract this out to you.

We have if you are curious to the setup
    Controller:
    21-MB Series containing
    A16B-3200-0270 & A16B-2202-0980
    Power supply:
    A06B-6087-H115
    Spindle AMP:
    A06B-6088-H222#H500
    2 Servo amps:
    A06B-6079-H206

Motors are Spindle: A06B-0829-B402#3000
    2 Servos: A06B-0123-B575#7008

Our customer is running these units in a Fuji ANW-30T dual spindle lathe. I hope this wasn't too long of a post and appreciate anyone reading it. If you have any advice please by all means leave any information you can. I hope to become more of an active member of your community here, yall are great. Thank you.

Sorry I should have also specified what I am looking to do with this program. I just need a simple program so that the drives will get their ready signal and I can run each motor. If you need any more information than this feel free to ask.