588,569 active members*
5,927 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 348 of 587 248298338346347348349350358398448
Results 6,941 to 6,960 of 11734
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbay3 View Post
    Lurker,

(or is that MR. Lurker)

I was not clear in my post. I have the DXF of the board configuration that I want to use. I have a logo, in JPG format, of the local union that I want to cut on the board that I can not convert to a DXF. The image is a 1 meg. file so it is to large to download. I could reduce the size of the image but I do not want to loose any of the detail.

Here is a link to the image of the logo...

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...ogoHighrez.jpg

I would appreciate any help possible.

Wayne
    Should have the DXF in your mail box

Eric,

Thank you for converting that file to a DXF. It looks really good and Im sure it will cut great.

Thanks

Wayne

Help with a huge file

here goes I have worked on this thing for the better part of the day and also had to get help from a good friend that has wayy more experience than me we have determined this file is evil..lol do any of you have a system that will merge all of the 55744 lines..

Thanks
    Wanda

well it seems I cannot upoad it but I can email it pm me if you can help and Ill email it

Quote Originally Posted by wanda View Post
    here goes I have worked on this thing for the better part of the day and also had to get help from a good friend that has wayy more experience than me we have determined this file is evil..lol do any of you have a system that will merge all of the 55744 lines..

Thanks
    Wanda

well it seems I cannot upoad it but I can email it pm me if you can help and Ill email it
    Wanda, send the file to my gmail, switchermydxf [at] gmail.com

I'll try & convert it for you.
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Eric, Wanda, and Switcher...

Thanks to everyone for all of the help with this file.

Wayne

I am wondering why some fonts are free and some like Mesquite cost. If it is the same font, does paying for it give a person usage rights to sell what they do with it and the free one only to use for gift giving. I guess I will never understand that.

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by scout812 View Post
    hi, iwas wandering if anyone has good dxf of a harley davison logo for plasma cutter? i am using plasmacam and i have a couple but they dont convert to cut paths very well. mind you i am only new at this so it could just be me! thanks guys.
    Here's another one. Enjoy. Turns out great with plasma.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Usage Rights

Hello Bri,

I'm not a laywer but my understanding is that you cannot use "MOST" downloaded free fonts for commercial purposes. Key word is commercial..... Personal use is a different story. As for paying for a particular font read the fine print some do and some don't allow commercial use. Most of the time when you download a font it will have a use statement included with the font which explains what you can and cannot do with the font.

The link 1001 Free Fonts - Download Free Fonts for Windows and Macintosh has 10000 fonts that you can buy for 19.99 which are liscensed for commercial use per their statement below. Its a really good deal and it will CYA if there is ever a issue.

The website states " Need fonts for commecial use? You can now download 10,000 fonts with one click. The Ultimate Font Download is a collection of 10,000 fonts from award winning font designers. The font package is licensed for commercial use and contains all the fonts listed on this website plus thousands of exclusive fonts not listed on any other font website - Download 10,000 fonts for just $19.99 - Click Here For Details "

I bought it about 2 years ago and while I only use about 20 or so fonts there are a lot of good fonts in this package. For 20 bucks and no worries it is well worth the price.

Hope this helps....

Quote Originally Posted by br1 View Post
    I am wondering why some fonts are free and some like Mesquite cost. If it is the same font, does paying for it give a person usage rights to sell what they do with it and the free one only to use for gift giving. I guess I will never understand that.

Bar sign plaque outlines

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any bar sign or plaque outlines. I was thinking about making a few signs this coming week. Thanks in Advance.

Pictures Thanks again JEFF!!!

Thanks Jeff,

Here are a couple pictures I cut using your files. I modified them to work on my machine and they turned out great... We played the game the other night and had a blast. Thank You!!

Quote Originally Posted by mlind View Post
    WOW,

Thank you Jeff!!!! This is the 3rd time you have abiled me out, maybe the fourth.

Best Regards
    Mlind
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dd.jpg   dd1.JPG  

hello been lurking for awhile on this thread, i would like to thank all ppl who have given theyre files and time here to help ppl. hopefully ill be able to give back some files or help sometime. ive been running a plasma/oxy table for some years but mostly made construction pieces and not small stuff for fun.but now ive been given a new baby ar work a waterjet with a 5axis bevel head so ive snagged some files from this thread hoping to cut out some nice stuff ,but i ran into a little problem namely the inches and mm dilemma ive taken the eagle and globe design and post processed the dxf file but my table is set for mm and the file is inches. i would be thankful if some kind soul here could tell me how to take a drawing in inches and make it into mm,thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ingo View Post
    but i ran into a little problem namely the inches and mm dilemma ive taken the eagle and globe design and post processed the dxf file but my table is set for mm and the file is inches. i would be thankful if some kind soul here could tell me how to take a drawing in inches and make it into mm,thank you in advance
    Scale the whole drawing by .03937008. That will give you mm dimentions. You didn't say what software you use but in most of the CAD/CAM ones just select everything and then scale it.

Larry :bat:

thank you wery much ive been using autocad lt 2005 for a couple of years now kinda self taught in using it. been tinkering with igems r9 for 1 week now kind of an impressive software package with many functions built in both the cad function and the picture importing bit. Ive been trying inskcape for awhile but i find it kind of hard to learn.
    Switcher tutorial on youtube are good but some are blocked in scandinavia cause of the music in it

i would be thankful if some kind soul here could tell me how to take a drawing in inches and make it into mm,thank you in advance
    Ingo,

The .03937 scale factor is used for going from mm to inches. If you want to go from inches to mm, use a scale factor of 25.4
    - Schmidty

Commercial usage of fonts

Thank-you milnd for the reply, that is the answer I wanted, I purchased The Ultimate Font Download package a year ago and did'nt have any idea I could use them on actual products, I had always wondered about it so know I know.

Glad I could help

Hello Bri,

You are welcome glad I could help. This is a great package as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by br1 View Post
    Thank-you milnd for the reply, that is the answer I wanted, I purchased The Ultimate Font Download package a year ago and did'nt have any idea I could use them on actual products, I had always wondered about it so know I know.

Quote Originally Posted by youngmfg View Post
    Ingo,

The .03937 scale factor is used for going from mm to inches. If you want to go from inches to mm, use a scale factor of 25.4
    That depends on if you multiply or divide. If you put it in as the scale factor in your CAD software it multiplies, so that number would be right. Try it!

Larry

how you going guys? could anyone help me with an australian flag dxf? thankyou

Hope this helps...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://zeed-diyproject.blogspot.com/

Does anybody have any cad drawing of a robotic gripper?
    something like this:

Edit:
    Found it,if anybody wants it here it solidworks model:
    http://sti.ac-orleans-tours.fr/spip/...id_article=388
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ise-gripper-parallel.jpg  
    http://zeed-diyproject.blogspot.com/

Page 348 of 587 248298338346347348349350358398448