Hi all. New to this forum and am just walking my way through it. Wanted to share my sad situation with everyone and seek advice. I inquired about the Shopmaster Tri Power Patriot. Received all literature and a special to buy the Tri Power Eldorado as there were only a few avaliable at a special reduced price. I decided on the Eldorado many Xtra accessories and DRO. CNC to follow after I familurize myself with the machine.

Here's the sad part. Received machine after waiting over 7 months. Set up machine, verified Level etc three times. Performed a test run with scrap stock. Supplied toolpost sits 1/4" high to machining centerline (had to use a smaller bit to achieve machining centerline, Lathe cuts .006 ths. taper in less than 2", Mill spindle to mill table is out of Tram (Perpendicularty) by .040 ths. Called Shopmaster. Owner told me well you need to machine 1/4" off the tool post then, do this and do that basically telling me to break down a as received NEW machine and fix it etc. myself. I referenced the as advertised specs (Lathe) Parallelism (a) .001 to (b) .001 full length travel. Mill spindle to Mill table (perpendiculary) (a) .0032 ths. to (b) .0024 ths. full table travel X&Y axis. I was told that those were the specs for the Patriot. I asked for the specs for the Eldorado and can't seem to get them.

I can't get them to respond to my E-mails or Registered letters. All I'm seeking is a satisfactory solution. I purchased the machine to perform high performance machine work on Outboard engines. I can't even machine a straight part or mill a square flat surface. Any feedback is appreciated.