587,481 active members*
2,793 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Oil Lubricant Pump for Laguna 4x8 Smartshop 2 SUV

Question Oil Lubricant Pump for Laguna 4x8 Smartshop 2 SUV

I recently purchased a used 2021 Laguna Smartshop 2 SUV with a Syntec controller. I feel like maybe the lubricant pump is not working, the gauge is always at 0, and I can't really feel any vibration at the pump. There is oil in the reservoir and in the lines, but there are also some air bubbles further up the lines.

I assume the gauge should have some reading, does anyone know what a nominal reading would be? The random manuals and documentation I can find are severely lacking. Does it only turn on intermittently, and if so does the gauge only have a reading while it is on?

I just need some way to verify it works or doesn't work prior to replacing it. At this point I'm leaning towards that it isn't working.

Re: Oil Lubricant Pump for Laguna 4x8 Smartshop 2 SUV

Quote Originally Posted by mh6 View Post
    I recently purchased a used 2021 Laguna Smartshop 2 SUV with a Syntec controller. I feel like maybe the lubricant pump is not working, the gauge is always at 0, and I can't really feel any vibration at the pump. There is oil in the reservoir and in the lines, but there are also some air bubbles further up the lines.

I assume the gauge should have some reading, does anyone know what a nominal reading would be? The random manuals and documentation I can find are severely lacking. Does it only turn on intermittently, and if so does the gauge only have a reading while it is on?

I just need some way to verify it works or doesn't work prior to replacing it. At this point I'm leaning towards that it isn't working.
    Normally the CNC will lubricates automatically, the time intervals can be set by CNC controller parameters.
    You can also mark the oil level on the oil tank, and see if it gets lower after running few days.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by mh6 View Post

Contact me at [email protected] or +918168294379 (whtaspp). Im working on syntec controller, doing installation of controllers on machines. You can Contact me for any help where syntec controller installed

So I disassembled the pump last night. Figured I'd put my findings here in case anyone else stumbles upon this in the future.

On the Syntec 4x8 Laguna SmartShop SUV, you can turn the oil lubricator pump on by clicking the "atomization" button on the bottom right of the MAIN panel. I assumed that was for the mister on the machine, they really should have named that better...

You can determine if the pump is on by feeling the pump housing for vibration, or by checking the IO panel, there should be a CNC bits I and CNC bits O page, the O page I believe should have an entry for Nebulizer. When this entry is red, the pump is on. Why this output, and not the one that reads "Oil Pump" right below it? No clue.

Even with the pump on it wasn't pumping very much, there was a ton of air in the lines, and the gauge still read 0. So I took the pump off the machine and took the reservoir off. Hidden by the oil was a kink in the main line on the pump output.

I cut the kinked section out and reinstalled. I took the hose off where it entered the distribution block near the spindle to help bleed the air. I also jury-rigged a cable with what I had on hand to power the pump--it filled up the empty tube in seconds. I have 208Y 3-phase so it was about 215V. For some reason the Laguna only runs 120V to the pump, I'm assuming because they want it to run slower, though it is rated for 200-240V. If I ever have to replace the pump, I'll probably just buy one of those 120V cheap ones off Amazon (just search "oil lubricant pump cnc").

Some info that might be valuable to others. The nylon hose is 6mm OD with 1mm wall, and the fittings are brass compression fittings for 6mm OD. 10mm and 12mm wrenchs for the fittings. I use Vactra #2 ISO VG 68 way lube oil on the Laguna, same thing my Haas Mini Mill uses. Though I think generic 30W oil works too.
    Hots were to 1 & 3 on the terminal block, ground is 8.

Anyway, she's working now. Thankfully I hadn't been running it very long before I noticed the air bubbles in the oil lines. I've attached some pictures I took during the process. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thank you for posting the followup! :thumb: :thumb: