Just got several quotes to do 5 built-in wardrobes here in my house ranging in size from 1m40 (4'7") to 2m (6'7") in width x 60cms deep x 2m28 (7'10") high. Prices range between just over €10,000 to €12,000 which seems like a lot seeing as they are just wood coloured melamine coated particle board (don't know the proper name in English) and come with no internal accessories and the doors consist of a frame around the outside of a melamine panel and kitchen type hinges. I have previously built built-in robes by doing the planning and then a company does the cutting and edgeing and I do the assembling. I don't know of a place to do the cutting and edgeing here so my question is: Will a home made saw bench with a fine blade be good enough to cut melamine panels without chipping the edge? I know that professional saw benches have a small diameter blade in front of the big blade to first cut the underside thereby making a clean cut. I like woodwork although I wouldn't call myself an expert but I'd prefer to spend the money on a good saw and whatever else is required and do it myself.