Quote Originally Posted by Tinmuk View Post
ok, i have tried every way I can think of the enter the M-codes, but the controller won't accept them. I know the unlock code works, because if I don't enter it I can't even type the 1's and 0's. When I enter the unlock code (opmode 6) it will let me type in the code, but when I press enter nothing happens.

The checksum error is always present, does this indicate a bad memory location? Would downloading the parameters and reloading them help with this?
Are you typing in all of the digits ? Even if it is just a zero, make sure you type them all in then press enter and then press reset twice after all are entered.....

If you makes you feel better, I've worked on literally 100's of 8025's and never had one with a hardware or software problem that prevented me from entering those parameters..... (Once upon a time, I was the primary bench technician for Fagor USA that fixed all CNC's that came in the door) .......thus I am sure nothing is wrong with them.

Let me know if you're still having a problem tomorrow, I'll actually look at it closer with you and open the manuals and make sure you are entering the right unlock codes.

good luck !