587,086 active members*
2,745 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > x2 spindle motor replacement options ?

Hybrid View

Also as I noted earlier, if reversing the armature leads after power has been applied, use the I1 & I2 terminals to allow the drive to go through the accel after reversing, otherwise it is full on.
    They should be shorted when drive is off, also if there is a centre off between fwd and rev, this will stop any creep that may occur from any small command by pot etc.
    You could also leave the pot at a certain run position and inhibit by the I1 I2 and when released will acell up to the pot position.
    Not to be used for tool changes etc however.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Also as I noted earlier, if reversing the armature leads after power has been applied, use the I1 & I2 terminals to allow the drive to go through the accel after reversing, otherwise it is full on.
    They should be shorted when drive is off, also if there is a centre off between fwd and rev, this will stop any creep that may occur from any small command by pot etc.
    You could also leave the pot at a certain run position and inhibit by the I1 I2 and when released will acell up to the pot position.
    Not to be used for tool changes etc however.
    Al.
    Thanks for the pointer and reminder , I'm not going to worry about reversing the spindle , I don't need it .
    I'll be killing the power with the input
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........