587,624 active members*
3,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Changing or disabling home position for tool change.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MikieD View Post
    Does anyone know if you can enable multiple M-codes per line like other Fanuc controls? It is an Oi-tC. Thanks.
    I found the answer to this the Oi-tC can take 3 m-codes per block. Nice... Still no luck findin an answer on disabling a tool change only from x and b's home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikieD View Post
    I found the answer to this the Oi-tC can take 3 m-codes per block. Nice... Still no luck findin an answer on disabling a tool change only from x and b's home.
    I changed the parameter to allow multiple m-codes. I gave it a try in a program with a few unconflicting m-codes. It didn't give a multiple address alarm like it would have done before but it was only reading and executing the first m-code in the block and skipping the others without executing them. Am I missing something? The fanuc manual said this ability was machine builder dependent. It said the same about a few other things such as a spindle command and axis movement in the same block as well as a tool change and spindle command. The skt21lms does both of those at the same time so I'm surprised it wasn't executing the multiple m-codes per block...

Still no luck finding an answer on making a tool change away from X and B's home position. I find it hard to believe that no one else is doing this or atleast wants to. Returning all the way home for the turret to index is such a waste of time and movement and totally inefficient. I pull up nothing, even with generic non machine specific, Internet searches... I can't be the only person wanting to remove the wasted time and movement. I can't be the only person wanting to remain chucked up on both ends of the part with multiple tools needed to cut the part and not have to unchuck a side and go home to change tools and come back and rechuck. Or can I? Starting to wonder if that is just something people accept as there is no mention anywhere and no one here has even responded to the subject with anything of use or even a desire to do the same. Is this something you can do on this machine or any machine for that matter? How do some of you turn parts that need chucked from both side for rigidity and need to use multiple tools on the part? Thanks.

As i told you before, please check the keep relays

Do not despair! It takes a little patience to fix a machine. Check the PMC and try to find a bit in the tool change ladder that checks for a position in the X and Z axes, that is most likely the lock, bypass it or erase it, restart the control and try again a tool change.

If it is a 0i you can change the ladder in the control itself.

Good Luck!

P.S. Im assuming that you have the manuals for this controller, if you dont PM me you email and i will mail them to you.

Gilchapa, Thanks! I do have all the manuals. Would it be in the yellow fanuc parameter manual? If you have an electronic copy that would be great too though. I could keep a copy at home and on my phone. I'd love to look tonight for it too and my manuals are at the shop.

Do you know anything about the multiple m-codes per line? I found the parameter listed in the operator's manual. Is the ladder the 8 definable units that was listed beside the m-code parameter (3404)? The operator's manual said "Up to 3 M codes can be specified together in a single block when Bit 7 (M3B) of parameter No. 3404 is set to 1." Bit 7 was actually the first block of the 8. Is there possibly another parameter to read all the m codes and bit 7 just allows the m codes in the same block?

I'll PM my email and a big thanks again!