588,507 active members*
4,938 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 114 of 422 1464104112113114115116124164214
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 8430
    Hi I'm from Gonzales and I do all my companies CAD for our plasma and oxyfuel tables

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone,

my name is Lucas and I am from Poland. I am interested in building CNC machines, and others that have numerical control. I am professional electronic, but working in telecommunication business. CNC is my hobby and my challenge. Now I am trying to create CNC frame using Epoxy Granite.

Best wishes,
    Kazik_Wichura
    http://www.fightech.blogspot.com

Hello everyone, I am new to the cnc world. I have taken a position with a Mori distributor as a field service engineer apprentice. I am looking forward to learning a ton and furthering my career. Thanks

Young Guy new to CNC's

Hello, my name is Will and I'm currently going to school for Mechanical and Electrical engineering as well as working 6 months out of the year for Caterpillar. I spend most of my time competing in Formula SAE which is a college design comptetition. I design parts, write the CNC code and run the machines so I hope to look to this forum for lots of help with both machining practices as well as strategies and the occasional laugh. :cheers:

Hi, I'm a retired custom picture framer. My name is John Baker. I was part of the picture framing industry my entire working life, and owned my own framing business for a little over 35 years. I sold it last January to the young woman who worked for me for 13 years.

Anyway, I've set up a Laguna Tools 4'X 8" CNC "Swift" series woodcarving machine in my garage. I bought the Aspire software. I am now learning to use the software, which is not coming easy for me. I've also been having problems with the machine itself. They are sending someone down to fix all the squawks next week, so hopefully, I'll be up and running soon.

I'm hoping I'll pick up a little money with the machine, but really haven't figured out how yet. I bought it more to have something new to learn and master and to keep me occupied.

I served in the 101st Airborne when I was a kid, and I also hold a pilots license, however, I am no longer flying due to the expenses involved. I lived on a sailboat for 12 years while I built my business.

Anyway, that's some of my story.

-John

Hey guys, I am 31 out of Houston. I have been operating a machine for just under a year now, originally starting with an old Cincinnati and recently moved to a new Mazak dual turn multiplex. Most of my knowledge has been self taught, utilizing my already knowledge of math and blueprint specs. However, there are still some things where I could increase my knowledge, such as proper calculation of machine feeds and speeds and surface footage. Any help in this would benefit me greatly. The company I work for is new to machining and lack experience as well as the Mazaks are new technology. Hopefully I can soak up any knowledge to move me along considering the expectations of me as a rookie, lol.

Welcome John you are at the right place if you have any questions there is a wealth of knowledge here just post any questions you may have and you are sure to find the answer, or use the search feature it may have been already asked and answered.

Lou
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Quote Originally Posted by LouF View Post
    Welcome John you are at the right place if you have any questions there is a wealth of knowledge here just post any questions you may have and you are sure to find the answer, or use the search feature it may have been already asked and answered.

Lou
    Thanks Lou, I know I will have unending questions. I first have to find my way around this site. I guess I should warn y'all that I'm less than educated. I started working when I was eleven years old, however I did complete the ninth grade.... so I can make my name and all.

I was a Jr. executive with Aaron Brothers Corp for eleven years, and a forward observer, along with being in fire direction and control in the army, so I'm not a complete dummy, however I have found that learning what seems simple to others is not so simple for myself. I'm hoping you guys are a patient lot.

-John

Hi guys,
    I am Amro,

I was office manager for 6 years in administration and management career. Finally, I decided to change my career to the CNC so I would like to ask about the right steps to start my way in the career.
    Your opinions are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Amro

Quote Originally Posted by josephdg View Post
    Hey guys, I am 31 out of Houston. I have been operating a machine for just under a year now, originally starting with an old Cincinnati and recently moved to a new Mazak dual turn multiplex. Most of my knowledge has been self taught, utilizing my already knowledge of math and blueprint specs. However, there are still some things where I could increase my knowledge, such as proper calculation of machine feeds and speeds and surface footage. Any help in this would benefit me greatly. The company I work for is new to machining and lack experience as well as the Mazaks are new technology. Hopefully I can soak up any knowledge to move me along considering the expectations of me as a rookie, lol.

Hello CNCzone and Joe--

Nice forum -- thanks for having me.
    Im Len-retired & live about an hour south of Houston -- on the San Bernard river near the Gulp of Mexico- drop in anytime (hope you can swim--lol)

Retired jack of all(master of a few)
    Totally addicted to anything that involves lasers so here I am.
    My 'collection' is north of 100 lasers 20%gas and the rest SS.
    currently building four show projectors--
    I am an unpaid associate of AixiZ Lasers (also Houston) and help them with customer support- some asking CNC questions so I need to know enough to fake it- ha ha
    I will most likely send them to join here--
    I am a vet on four other laser forums and a mod on one.
    Hope I can someday be an asset to this forum..

Feel free to quiz me via PM

Work safe and TY--V/R Len (aka hak)

Talking

Nubile to cnc have a small guitar shop in Arizona. Just bought a laguna swift 4x4
    Making some progress. Love to find someone to laser scan and model a few electric guitar bodies and necks. the cnc came with v carve pro witch I feel is powerful enough for my needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated Links to scanning services etc. would be great to find someone on northern az. But I can ship the parts
    Thanks all

Red face Newbie ---- Hello Guys!

Finally after procrastinating, I finally bought a CNC3020 from China. The machine worked out of the box. However, I struggled with the setup on Mach3 and got it sorted out finally. The absense of any homing or limit switches caused the Y-axis to hit against the end stop....and the Y-axis drive nut was broken. So, I amworking on installing limit switches before doing anything else.

Hope others do not repeat this mistake.

I just stumbled on this thread today. I looked for it for a few days and thought there wasn't and introduction thread. Well I am a tootal noob to the CNC world. I have researched for home build information for a couple of months and have about 85% of my materials in the mail as we speak. Mechanically inclined Formally a draftsman for A mechanical firm back when Pens and pencils were the most common tools. I test software but I have not written any code so that has been a little daunting evey time I here the word G Code. Just about have my design laid flat, or it would be if i could decide on the size I want to build. But man I tell you The software and computer requirements is keeping up at night. So I decided to quit running around confusing myself and figured out I need to concentrae on building the "Unit" then get the PC figured out and work with the SW that fits the PC. So there you have it. And let me say one more thing about the SW......................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jim

New to CNC builds

Hi,

I have just completed my first CNC build. I have a table top 3 axis machine with some KL motors and digital drivers, the break out board is a kl C-10, and my machine control is a Mach 3. It seems to be wired correctly everything on the steppers is green, or go, and I'm now configuring my Mach3..

Is there a configuration file I can just read into my Mach3?

I am new to cnc in general. sorry to bother you guys.
    I have built my first try of cnc router of my own design out of cheap plate aluminum I picked up and some vgrooved bearings, with a table saw and a drill press. it all seems sound but I would like to see if anyone out there could help me with the wireing. I have attached a pdf so you can see where I am at.

Does anyone know a cnc pro that lives in eastern MA that might be interested in wireing my dys design CNC router for me the machine is together and strong. I have all the correct stepping motors, drivers, break out board, wires, control case...
    I have heard of the nightmares people have had with dip switches ect...

I really dont want to blow the board or fry any of the ellectronics.

any help?

George
    Attached Files Attached Files

New to the whole CNC thing. Looking for information before my first purchase.

Hello all, this is a really great place to learn a lot. Been browsing for over a year gathering info for a cnc mini mill conversion. Hope to share that soon in a new build thread. I'm definitely a novice at machining but am having fun pickiing up some of the skill over the past year.

Hi all...new to this.
    Have been browing the forum...Fantastic.
    I'm a retired-disabled millwright living in South Carolina. Have been looking around for something to do as a hobby.
    I recently acquired a Hermes Vanguard 7200, and surely will be asking questions...Hope I don't irritate you guys too much.

Hello everyone,

For several months i'm attracted to this site, mostly eveyrday i log on and read new & old threads for router table builds, i work in aluminium (Aluminium kitchens cabinets) and hope that i will soon start my Cnc router build.
    and i would thank the owners of this site & everyone participated (new users & the professional ones) in this site for let me (us) to share their knowledge

cheers
    haz

Hello everyone,

Page 114 of 422 1464104112113114115116124164214