Hi Brad,

You must have lots of money and purchase items without researching properly first, sorry but that's what it looks like to me. You were obviously very impressed with the CSMIO-IPS controller but in my opinion you may have spent more money than you needed to get the needed results. You mentioned that what you bought was because it had a motion controller and you didn't want to rely on a PC. How do you think a SmoothStepper works on a LAN if it needs a PC to generate pulses. A SmoothStepper, both USB and Ethernet has a built in Motion Controller and for the research I have done is an excellent product at a reasonable price, otherwise I would not have bought one for myself.

Do you want some help/advise for the rest of your venture, like for instance for the size of the CNC frame you have talked about in your reply, you will probably also waste money using steel and Rack & Pinion for your X/Y when there are better options.

Hey, I am only in Dandenong, so why don't you come and have a look at my un-finished CNC Router, I may not be able to work on it, but as yet I am not a total invalid. It has a steel frame, and Rack & Pinion on the long Axis but that is because it is about 3.5 Metres long.

It will give you a chance to see some of the drawbacks to using rack & pinion as against other methods such as Ball Screw as the machine has ball screws on the other Axis.

Also you will be far better building your own as against getting a kit because there are very few if any CNC kit suppliers in Australia except those that import kits from China and often don't know any more than you.
I have been there & done that with the exception that I didn't buy anything.

Put more trust in CNCZone and its members from Australia & you will find that you will get more help and better advise (like from Peter) and many others, they are mainly in QLD but there are a few in VIC.

That’s it, sorry for the long post, but I got carried away, if you want to accept my offer send me a PM and I will send you my contact details.
I am here most of the time (not working as I am getting a bit past it, not in age) If you do take up my offer, Don't BUY Anything until after you know more

Seeya
Roger