587,098 active members*
6,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 25 1234513
    Ordered one on 8/3 .. paid via paypal on 8/3 .. today 8/10 .. nothing received on shipping info as yet. jfyi

Quote Originally Posted by jyotti View Post
    Ordered one on 8/3 .. paid via paypal on 8/3 .. today 8/10 .. nothing received on shipping info as yet. jfyi
    I received the tracking guide, six days after purchase. You can send an email to Mr Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by jassaf View Post
    I received the tracking guide, six days after purchase. You can send an email to Mr Lance.
    Thanks .. glad to hear that. As this is a new product, I expect that some parts may be made upon receipt of an order. My earlier comment regarding the neatness of the control box was perhaps premature, as I later realized that the one in their online ad was not complete as to having been finished wired (no rear panel access wired to the ten opto/inputs). No matter .. I'd prefer that they take the time to completely test the unit prior to shipping. I do hope that they have upgraded the umbilical cables since the plethora of complaints I've read and seen on U-tube videos.

To ad/upgrade: six limit switches/indicators and a rotary encoder for the A (forth) axis. Sound/vibration deadening material to be affixed under the work table/platten .. tbd .. just guessing sheet lead or conveyor belt material. The water cooled router unit is a real plus in the noise level department .. Cheers!

Found video .. proximity limit/home switches .. very nicely done. 6040CNC first run - YouTube

Assembly video of the predecessor previous generation 6040ZS80 with the older parallel port interface. God it pains me so to watch them struggle with regular little hex wrenches like that .. get some Bondhus guys. Great job editing .. anyone who has been collecting parallel printer cables for the last 25 years will get a good laugh at about 7:09 LoL. I'm encouraged by seeing the case punch-outs at 7:53 quite clearly .. lend themselves to accommodating I/O connections probably not installed. Cheers!
    asemble for 6040ZS80 - YouTube

I ordered mine on Aug 2, got a shipped notification on Aug 11 and it arrived Aug 12. The shipping shows it going to a different state and not being able to be delivered so I'm pretty sure they sent me the wrong shipping number. But I have it so it's all good

I got a set of chopsticks and silverware with it, but no Mach3...anyone know how I get their modified version of it?

I found the manual for the mach3 usb motion controller, but I need to know how to set it up..pins #s etc. Any help is appreciated. I never got a manual or anything for this router.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaDo View Post
    I ordered mine on Aug 2, got a shipped notification on Aug 11 and it arrived Aug 12. The shipping shows it going to a different state and not being able to be delivered so I'm pretty sure they sent me the wrong shipping number. But I have it so it's all good

I got a set of chopsticks and silverware with it, but no Mach3...anyone know how I get their modified version of it?

I found the manual for the mach3 usb motion controller, but I need to know how to set it up..pins #s etc. Any help is appreciated. I never got a manual or anything for this router.
    Mine got here yesterday .. came through the Fedex hub in Memphis. I too got the single service .. and .. a 120vac pump was found as well .. says 4000 liters per hour .. that outta doit :-) Missing is any and all documentation .. no instructions .. no BOM/parts list .. nothing on how to program the VFD to turn the spindle On. Also missing were the six metric cap screws that mount the gantry to the slides, and any washers needed. Packing was excellent, but they forgot the docs and bolts. The four 6mm x 30mm found in the little tool package are too long. It did come with two ER16 collets .. a 1/8th inch and the one in the spindle says .. 5-6.

The VFD panel does Not have the standard Loc/Rem button .. so I guess that function must be accessed via programming .. which as I said .. was not to be found. Documentation for all the controller components should have been included in the shipment. Having to take the cover off control box to determine the model number of the VFD is just plain rediculous .. especially on a brand new machine. I didn't see any Mach3 software indicated on their website ad @DaMaDo .. the stuff on evilbay is probably cracked anyway. I think that using USB really warrants the real deal .. and a smother migration to Mach4 when it comes out. Tomorrow is another day. Cheers!

he stuff on evilbay is probably cracked anyway.

Attached is the quick start guide. Lance responded to me with a link to it.

My spindle will only spool up to one speed without showing any RPM and I'm getting some abnormal condition shown in the screenshot. The feed rate light keeps flashing and the FRO won't move.

Some Progress ..

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaDo View Post
    Attached is the quick start guide. Lance responded to me with a link to it.

My spindle will only spool up to one speed without showing any RPM and I'm getting some abnormal condition shown in the screenshot. The feed rate light keeps flashing and the FRO won't move.
    First off .. I'm using the latest Official version of Mach3 .. if that makes any difference. I have under the usb configs .. control is set to Internal .. "0" .. not external. The spindle responds to M codes perfectly, and the Override (mouse click on screen) changes spindle speed flawlessly in increments of 500 rpm. The display on the control box .. I can't even see .. the box is on a shelf under the router cause the leads are Waaay to short, and the box fans make a lot more noise than the spindle. I got Zero response for docs as of yet .. too damn busy to pull the cover off to get a Model Number. You DO have the LPT Ports UnChecked .. right?

Cooling is 4 gallons of distilled water .. With a (tiny) bottle of green food coloring so I can actually see the water in the clear tubing. Table gets a little noisy (sounding board) with the Y goin' 300 IPM .. not mitigated yet.

Note that everything from the so called "Quick Start" is in metric. Steps per Inch for imperial is 10,160 per, not 2,000. As with every thing else with this purchase, there is absolutely ZERO documentation shipped .. including of course anything for the 4th axis. I took the damn stepper off to do a tooth count .. the ratio is 3:1 .. (ten teeth to thirty) which means 6,000 steps per revolution of that cute little itsy bitsy chuck. The stepper is unfortunately single shaft .. as expected, but would be pretty easy to change out to facilitate the installation of a rotary encoder later on .. the USB breakout board has lots of possibilities.

First Adopters always have bugs to work out .. that's a given. But providing the assembly hardware and docs is a no brainer. I'll post any significant developmets as we move forward .. good luck there DaMaDo .. Cheers!

WARNING: MAJOR DEFICIT/DESCREPANCY

Be advised, the Y axis on the machine I received a week ago Is NOT .. 400mm .. it is only 379.8mm. Not to be pedantic, but this became apparent when dry-running the final cut on a 15" circle last night, programmed with a 1/4" endmill. +/- 7.625" on the Y axis should have been no problem .. Big Problem .. Y stepper crashing the Z carriage into the side wings of the gantry. I bought this machine with the clear expectation of cutting a 15" circle. This being a family site .. the lashings will occur elsewhere.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/openso...ml#post1331266

False advertising .. fraud .. whatever .. you have been advised. There is Absolutely No Excuse, nor a clear path to mitigation.

Did you try to cut some aluminium with this machine, I am about to buy the same model the digital version X6-1500GT. Also is the machine stiff?
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

Btw i check on the website, they say the engraving area is 500mm x 380mm, where did you read its 400mm
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

Hi All!

I got exactly the same problem! Any solution yet?

Thanks!

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by critical_limit View Post
    Hi All,

my X6 is nearly ready to use. Changed chinese Cables to shielded ones. Added Referenceswitches.
    Everything is working fine so far.

But have a question about the Spindle speed.
    If I set it to 24000 I get 400.00 in the Display of the VFD
    If I´m going lower nothing is changing till I reached 17000 U/min

How to correct this? Anybody has the same problem?
    In the Manual they say not to change the settings of the VFD.
    But how to adjust correct Spindlespeed??
    Also the VFD is displaying 13.6 when it is 0 in Mach3 and spindle is turning slowly until M5 Command is received.

Something must be wrong with my Settings either in Mach3 or in the VFD.

Thanx
    Dirk

I don't have the new unit, but I do have the 6040Z-S80 that uses the same VFD. It's pretty basic in its display options, but seems far less prone to interference problems compared to the Huanyang unit used in other machines. What it doesn't have is the option to set the display scaling, so you have to multiply its frequency display by 60 to get spindle RPM, so 400 = 24,000 RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by hive8 View Post
    Btw i check on the website, they say the engraving area is 500mm x 380mm, where did you read its 400mm
    Maybe they changed to 380 after reading this thread. I think it used to say 400. The 6040z+s80 still says 580x400 but they should both be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellK View Post
    I don't have the new unit, but I do have the 6040Z-S80 that uses the same VFD. It's pretty basic in its display options, but seems far less prone to interference problems compared to the Huanyang unit used in other machines. What it doesn't have is the option to set the display scaling, so you have to multiply its frequency display by 60 to get spindle RPM, so 400 = 24,000 RPM.
    Yes, the multiply by 60 thing is one way but when Im in Mach3 and select spindle speed for example 3000rpm the VFD says 80Hz which is 4800rpm. Is there a way to calibrate Mach3 to show correct rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by drkorg View Post
    Yes, the multiply by 60 thing is one way but when Im in Mach3 and select spindle speed for example 3000rpm the VFD says 80Hz which is 4800rpm. Is there a way to calibrate Mach3 to show correct rpm?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFw2V...e_gdata_player might help

Sent from tapatalk

Hi,

I can't get my spindle to work. Installed the mach motion(Downloads) software, all stepmotors works ok.

Hi,

I can't get my spindle to work. Installed the mach motion(Downloads) software, all stepmotors works ok.

Page 3 of 25 1234513