Quote Originally Posted by DouglasR View Post
I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.
I was never a big fan of the enhanced 0iT going in multi path lathes. Yeah, it "can" do it, but the 31i is way more powerful for processing and memory.
They seem really close to resolution. Now we only need to accomplish two remaining things:
Get the 15" I series Puma 2100 to kill the spindle and coolant when a load monitor break happens (so the operator doesn't keep seeing high pressure coolant and hearing motor noise which can make the operator think the machine is running).
Get both 15" I series controls to load monitor spindles.

I agree the 31I is a lot faster and a better control, but I have some hope that with AICCII and these simple issues worked out the I series will be able to compete. The AICC II makes the I series a little more competitive but it more like half closes the gap in performance. The AICC II by the way showed that huge improvement on a dynamic milling path G17 face milling the main spindle. When we ran the program currently in that machine it only made a 2 second difference (because the milling moves on that part were simple thread milling G12.1 and linear Y axis flats. So it's particularly challenging dynamic milled geometries with a few thousand lines of code that AICC II will save tremendous time on.