587,842 active members*
3,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

We had the exactly the same problem with our VF4 - running it at 7500rpm for a couple of minutes @ 2500mm/m doing some ally work - tool got stuck, wasn't the specific holder as 2 other tools did the same, it must be spindle heat causing a shrink-fit as after limiting all the tools to 7000rpm max we've had no problems.

Well, bar being missing 500rpm-worth of extra MRR in ally, which we weren't too happy about...

Geof,

The most bang for the buck seem to be the garden variety 125 psi 5 gallon jobs to fill your tires with. I think that would come in around 1.5 cubic feet. I might have to weld an over-sized bung into it to get the large feed lines you are referring to. Sounds like an easy install.

Thanks for the tip, after my recent tool non unclamp disaster I hold my breath at every tool change.

Vern

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Smith View Post
    ...The most bang for the buck seem to be the garden variety 125 psi 5 gallon jobs to fill your tires with. I think that would come in around 1.5 cubic feet. [B]I might have to weld an over-sized bung into it.....

Vern
    You really are planning on getting a bang for your buck welding on a pressure vessel; I do n ot have the nerve for that.

Fortunately the 'bung hole' on one of these tanks is 1/2"NPT which is plenty big enough for a 1/2"NPT by 3/4" hose nipple. Actually it doesn't natter too much if the fittings are smaller than the hose, a short constriction does not have much influence. And almost anything will be larger than the ports inside the regulator which are what restricts the flow.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

OK, I'll epoxy it.

Hey Guy's
    We have a VF2 Super Speed and after a couple of weeks does the same thing.
    A Really good Haas Tech said to keep the Spindle nose inside clean, and lube a couple of holders at the retension knob area with white liteium grease (same grease as used on car door hinges). It smooths it right out. Even really heavy cuts in SS does not stick any more.
    If the tool needed to be pried out I would look at quite possibly the Spring Pack (bevel washers) that there is failure there.