587,735 active members*
3,257 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 350 of 587 250300340348349350351352360400450
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 11734
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke View Post
    Still looking for a four wheeler atv in a dxf format if anyone's got anything. thanks
    Check out SignTorch, he has a bunch of them on his disk!
    Metal Art Gallery - SignTorch.com

Larry :cheers::cheers:

Cool

i'm in the middle of making a small table for outside. I have got the table cut already cut but i can't seem to come up with any good legs for it... Does anyone have any ideas ? I'm using a laser to cut the parts so it has to be 2d. small bending is not a problem either...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metal-madness View Post
    i'm in the middle of making a small table for outside. I have got the table cut already cut but i can't seem to come up with any good legs for it... Does anyone have any ideas ? I'm using a laser to cut the parts so it has to be 2d. small bending is not a problem either...

Thanks
    madness,

Would these work for you? They are from a table the company I work for used to make. (modified to remove the decorative features that make it "ours") As you can see, the two pieces slide together in the middle slots. It makes it pretty sturdy. A quick weld bead along the joint makes it even sturdier.

As they are now, they are for an 18" high table with an approx 20" diameter top.

A tip: Cut some decorative shapes about 2-3" in diameter and weld them on to the bottom of the legs as feet. Makes it even sturdier. Butterfly shapped feet look pretty cool. Depending on the "look" you're going for, of course! If it's for your "man-cave", butterflys may not be appropriate! :nono:

I guess you could just stretch the end of the legs a couple inches and then bend them to 90 deg to make feet, as well.

I hope this will work for you. Or, at least give you a starting point! If you use the idea, I would appreciate to see the finished project!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - Schmidty

Cool

thanks for helping... although i must of forgot to add that it's a square table and not round.. !!!

thanks for helping... although i must of forgot to add that it's a square table and not round.. !!!
    Can you post a picture of what you're really looking for, this would help.

Jeff

They should work regardless of the shape of the top...? Just modify the tops of the legs so that they fit corner-to-corner. I don't know if I exlpained that very clearly! Do you get what I'm trying to say? haha
    - Schmidty

Cool

I'm building a rectangluar table.. it's 17"x36.5 " & i want it to be 36" tall.. i have taken the .dxf that was posted on here and altared it for what i need, however it throws the whole project out.. i want legs on each side of the table... maybe I'm over thinking this..... Attached is the drawing of the table top

I'm building a rectangluar table.. it's 17"x36.5 " & i want it to be 36" tall.. i have taken the .dxf that was posted on here and altared it for what i need, however it throws the whole project out.. i want legs on each side of the table... maybe I'm over thinking this..... Attached is the drawing of the table top
    I see what you are saying. You would have to do a lot of stretching and modifying to make my first legs work.

OK...two more ideas. :idea:

1. Use two of the "A" legs I attached before. Weld one on either end of the table (you'd still need to stretch them to get your 36" height. And probably "beef" them up a little, too.) Then cut a support brace with slots on either end to tie the two ends together. Know what I mean?

2. I attached a drawing of some corner legs. (They are super-simple, so you'd probably want to dress them up a little.) Bend them to 90deg down the middle and weld one under each corner.

Would either of these work, or are you still thinking of something a little different?
    - Schmidty

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Lurker View Post
    I don't know what opens an .SVG file, but whatthefont tells me the font is "Eurostile". Fire up the free program called DeskEngrave from DeskCAM: DeskEngrave download LINK

For demonstration purposes, I changed the font size to 26 points and obviously changed the font type to Eurostile. After entering "North America" into the text field, hit the "F" button to update the preview area. (see pic 1).

If you like it, go to File > Save as DXF. Since the Center radial button was selected, notice the text origin is centered. (see pic 2 for DXF output)

A cool thing is that making an arc is extremely simple. Pick the Arc radial button, change the height and the radius (or whatever perimeter you want to use) and hit the F button to update the view. Voilà, the text is on an arc. Tweak it as necessary. (see pic 3)

Pic 4 is the DXF for the arced text.

After you tweak it like you like it, you can even save it directly to G-Code. Go to Create > Set parameters, and enter whatever you need to. It saves the G-code as a .Dnc file, but you can rename the file type to .nc, .tap, or whatever. (See pic 5).

Hope this helps, and if this isn't new to you, hope it helps somebody else.

FYI, I'm not affiliated with DeskCAM in any way, just trying to give back to the forum.

*** Edit

Forgot to mention, if you don't know what the font is to something, take a good screenshot of only that area, then upload it to whatthefont and it will try to detect what the font is. If the image is to blurry, it may not work, so try to use a clear image: Whatthefont LINK
    Is this software free? I went to their site but did not see anything about a 30 day trial version or a price on this. This looks like it will do what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by mntn-biker View Post
    Is this software free? I went to their site but did not see anything about a 30 day trial version or a price on this. This looks like it will do what I need.
    From the page CNC Lurker links to:

DeskEngrave is a basic True Type Font to Vector Converter that allows saving of G-Code or DXF files. It will convert a single line of text into the required toolpaths for engraving. It can create toolpaths aligned along an arc or straight line. It includes a TTF 'Stick Style' font - Stick40. It is being released to the CNC community free of charge. We hope you enjoy using DeskEngrave.

I missed Lurker's post the first time, but thanks for posting this program! It will come in VERY handy for me!
    - Schmidty

If anybody's into airspace models, here are a couple of free models to cut from 2mm foam. These are SVG and G-Code files.

Electronics Blog: CNC Files

I actually have more, will post other ones as time allows.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by scriptster View Post
    If anybody's into airspace models, here are a couple of free models to cut from 2mm foam. These are SVG and G-Code files.

Electronics Blog: CNC Files

I actually have more, will post other ones as time allows.

Cheers!
    Thanks!

Do you have a DFX of the rocket? I want to cut out a 8ft high one.

rocket dxf:
    http://zeed-diyproject.blogspot.com/

3d book

I am looking for a 3d model of an open book,anybody?
    http://zeed-diyproject.blogspot.com/

Hello everybody,

I have seen a picture of a children rocking chair with a teddy bear-styled back rest in the www. Does anybody know where this design/ file is available from? Would be glad about any help!!
    Thanks in advance,

Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by fritzi24 View Post
    Hello everybody,

I have seen a picture of a children rocking chair with a teddy bear-styled back rest in the www. Does anybody know where this design/ file is available from? Would be glad about any help!!
    Thanks in advance,

Rainer
    Hi Rainer,

Here's a child size puzzle rocker but it has rabbits. You could always substitute the rabbits for teddy bears I would think. Here's the link.

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by zeed View Post
    rocket dxf:
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
    Thank you!
    For some reason the DXF conversion of my rocket SVG files that zeed posted did not render well in QCAD, so I'm attaching the DXF files I used for G-Code conversion. Please note that I designed it in Inkscape and the DXF files were converted to AutoCAD 12 DXF by Inkscape, so I never actually touched the DXFs except for conversion to G-Code. Still, when I loaded the DXFs into QCAD (don't have AutoCAD to check there), they looked fine.

Also note that if you're blowing it up, you're probably going to have to rework slots for joining parts together. like I said before, this was a laser cut project for 2mm craft foam and so the slots are approx 1.45-1.55mm to compress the foam just enough to make it hold the parts together. There is no glue used, just tight fitting of parts together. Depending on your material, the fit may have to be different. Also, the model only comes together because of foam's flexibility. If you cut the parts from rigid material, you'll have to find well-located spots to break parts apart.

Good luck with your project, I'd be delighted it you post or email me a picture of what came out.

Cheers!

Hi Skip,

thanks a lot for this beautiful chair. Not exactly what I was looking for but also a great file. Wanted to make some of this teddy bear rockers for my nieces and nephews. But this rabbit rocker is very cool, too
    Nevertheless, would be fantastic if anybody could help me with the teddy bear rocker!!

Rainer

Thanks for the info & new files!

I will post a pic when I get it ready

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scriptster View Post
    For some reason the DXF conversion of my rocket SVG files that zeed posted did not render well in QCAD, so I'm attaching the DXF files I used for G-Code conversion. Please note that I designed it in Inkscape and the DXF files were converted to AutoCAD 12 DXF by Inkscape, so I never actually touched the DXFs except for conversion to G-Code. Still, when I loaded the DXFs into QCAD (don't have AutoCAD to check there), they looked fine.

Also note that if you're blowing it up, you're probably going to have to rework slots for joining parts together. like I said before, this was a laser cut project for 2mm craft foam and so the slots are approx 1.45-1.55mm to compress the foam just enough to make it hold the parts together. There is no glue used, just tight fitting of parts together. Depending on your material, the fit may have to be different. Also, the model only comes together because of foam's flexibility. If you cut the parts from rigid material, you'll have to find well-located spots to break parts apart.

Good luck with your project, I'd be delighted it you post or email me a picture of what came out.

Cheers!

Page 350 of 587 250300340348349350351352360400450