588,525 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 110 of 131 1060100108109110111112120
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2602

Talking Think i am getting the hang of it!

No worries mate - First the closet door, then the garage door, then the kitchen door, followed by the dunny door!! What happens when i run out of doors??????????

Thanks Jim, i get the general idea. Forum member Matty Zee works close by and has helped Ramon to create a program which automatically calculates the sizes required for each panel. Really does make it quite easy.

I have already had a few sessions in front of the computer with Ramon. Problem is the constant interruptions from the office, so during December we will put the " do not interrupt " sign on the factory door. LOL. If i concentrate on it and practice at night instead of surfing the net all the time it should work out ok.

Rocket.

DSP to MACH3

Well I have finally finished my conversion,
    From CN DSP to mach 3 on my shg1312 Router.

And well worth the effort.
    I have attached a couple of photos.

The setup,
    A eeepc with touch screen running mach3 controlling the smooth stepper and
    DC-03 digispeed controlling the VFD, a home made pendant with a laser guide (just to zero the XY axis quickly(thanks to a few guys on the mach forum).
    All the same hardware that came with the SHG 1312 ,steppers ,drives,and a extra homing switch on the slaved axis to square it,etc etc.

and all at this stage working excellent ,fingers crossed.
    Just have to find some work for it now?

Regards
    Jubee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HMP.JPG   rwp.JPG  

exitech vs other routers

Hi guys,
    I'm following this thread from the beginning.... I'm also a user of an exitech SHG1212 with DSP.
    Now we want to buy a more serious machine like the SHMS 1325 C, but we're quite afraid about the Syntec controller. I'm very curious to hear from Gerrit about his version with the LNC controller. Searching for alternatives to the exitech routers I found "Jinshengxing" routers (english name seems "superstar", equipped with LNC controller and, by the way, at very interesting prices.
    Anyone knows them? Maybe someone has experiences with it....?
    thanks, Heiko

LNC controller

Quote Originally Posted by audiomar View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm following this thread from the beginning.... I'm also a user of an exitech SHG1212 with DSP.
    Now we want to buy a more serious machine like the SHMS 1325 C, but we're quite afraid about the Syntec controller. I'm very curious to hear from Gerrit about his version with the LNC controller. Searching for alternatives to the exitech routers I found "Jinshengxing" routers (english name seems "superstar", equipped with LNC controller and, by the way, at very interesting prices.
    Anyone knows them? Maybe someone has experiences with it....?
    thanks, Heiko
    We got the machine finaly just 3 days ago. Unpacking the big box, putting it level, attaching it to the 400V net was a matter of hours, but it is not running yet. It seems to have the same "gantry not square" problems as others had which in this case results in an "error 18" message on one of the Y axis servo drivers (Panasonic). This seems to be the overheating of a load resistor in one Y servo which is breaking, while the other servo is pushing.
    Hope to solve that problem soon. This machine should be working and not sittin'.

About the LNC controler a cannot say much. We did not use it for any thing else than homing. With information from the manual it was possible to set it from Chinese to English. To attach it to ethernet was not straightforward. The manual I got missed the right paragraph. I got that from Taney so it should be ease now.

As it is running, I'll let you know more.

Gerrit

Postprocessor Cabinetpartspro

After 7 days of trial and error and a lot of help from Excitech and Panasonic, the router is starting to be cooperative. Now we would like to try Cabinetpartspro. Is any of you guys using that? Any idea which postprocessor to use?

There was at least one big surprise: the central lubrication system for all the bearings.

Gerrit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000850.jpg   P1000856.jpg   P1000902.jpg   P1000921.jpg  

P1000926.jpg  

i am using cabinet parts pro with great success for 250.00 it can do the job, look for the site and down load the videos, if you cannot find them let me know

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    i am using cabinet parts pro with great success for 250.00 it can do the job, look for the site and down load the videos, if you cannot find them let me know

jim

Thanks Jim, I found them. Did you have to adapt the postprocessor? Or is there one that works with an Excitech?

Gerrit

To Excitech or not to Excitech

Wanted to do some real work on the CNC. We thought that we solved the problem with Y axis servo errors but despite added resistors on the drives, today we got a few errors again. Looking for the real cause we measured how square the gantry supports are to the gantry and could not believe our eyes. One side is OK, but the other one is far from square. The end of the gantry is not machined square, causing the support not being square as well. When setting this support parallel to the rails, the gantry is out of square by 8-9 mm at the opposite end. Setting the gantry square to the table and the rails means the support is not parallel to the rails. This probably causes a lot of friction, and thus errors.

Also the ATC can not find the right position (The dusthood seems to have had an other life already).

Something must have gone seriously wrong at the Quality Control Department at Excitec.

I am really curious about how - and how fast - this is going to be solved.

Gerrit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000951.jpg   P1000945.jpg  

My CNC seemed to have the same issue about the gantry not being square, only mine was out about 2mm.

Shannon.

Gantry not square

Hi Shannon, how did you solve it?

Gerrit

Not sure what I did that seemed to fix it as I never got around to actually trying. I would just push the gantry onto the stops at the home end before I powered it up and then it would stay square. I think I also packed one of the stops a little so that it would be in the correct position. I haven't actually tested the squareness lately, but it does seem to sit on the stops without any pressure now, whereas it used to need to be held in place when the power was turned on.

I have a job to cut tomorrow that needs to be square so I will be checking the machine before I start cutting.

For a permanent fix I would suggest shims under the ends of the gantry cross member. or a manual tweaking in the opposite direction of the error. The Aluminium used is a really low grade and quite soft.

Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by bradbergemann View Post
    hi guys!

just found you, and glad i did. have a 1325 that i bought from taney two years ago. love the machine, but have never got the settings right i guess. i can't get it to rapid while traveling, and from day one, if i set the speeds for the dsp above 7500, i guarantee i'll stick the z axis through the table. (done it twice already).

i would love some help with these most likely simple set up problems. been cutting from day one, just not the way it is supposed to be.
    any takers on this one? does anyone have the old style dsp controller like mine? Taney, if you're out there, is there a model number for my DSP? Any upgrades available for me?

hi guys!

just found you, and glad i did. have a 1325 that i bought from taney two years ago. love the machine, but have never got the settings right i guess. i can't get it to rapid while traveling, and from day one, if i set the speeds for the dsp above 7500, i guarantee i'll stick the z axis through the table. (done it twice already).

i would love some help with these most likely simple set up problems. been cutting from day one, just not the way it is supposed to be.
    I am using my Excitech for a short period now, but isn't 7500 a little bit to fast? I am traveling at 5500 (if I recall correct) and routing at 2000-2500 or something like that, depending on the job?

I have installed my dust hose this week. I have used the same approach as Shannon did (hope you don't mind Shannon ). Please look at the pictures what I mean.
    It works very well! But the dust shoe will probably be changed (not sure yet what is best). I will explain later why I am not happy.
    Regards
    Marco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01245.jpg   DSC01248.jpg   DSC01251.jpg   DSC01252.jpg  

DSC01255.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by cocobolo View Post
    I am using my Excitech for a short period now, but isn't 7500 a little bit to fast? I am traveling at 5500 (if I recall correct) and routing at 2000-2500 or something like that, depending on the job?
    I have my rapid speed set to 15,000mm/min and have been cutting Mdf at up to 8000mm/min.

No worries about copying the dust support, they do say that imitation is the best form of flattery

Shannon.

any takers on this one? does anyone have the old style dsp controller like mine? Taney, if you're out there, is there a model number for my DSP? Any upgrades available for me?
    Hi Brad, I would also set your homing speed to 3000mm/min or below, this should stop the gantry slamming home too fast. (email didnt go through)

Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Big S View Post
    Hi Brad, I would also set your homing speed to 3000mm/min or below, this should stop the gantry slamming home too fast. (email didnt go through)

Shannon.
    Thanks Shannon, it doesn't slam at 6500mm/min, just takes forever to get there.

Hi Brad,

Like we discussed before, we recommend the operater to set the Z axis speed in 3m/min, maybe a few machines could even reach to 7 or 8 meters, but the machine will shaking with noise and we don't recommend.

Thanks Shannon, it doesn't slam at 6500mm/min, just takes forever to get there.
    I usually use the keypad to rapid the machine closer if its too far away, or just home the machine while I am setting up tooling so it can take as long as it likes

Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taney118 View Post
    Hi Brad,

Like we discussed before, we recommend the operater to set the Z axis speed in 3m/min, maybe a few machines could even reach to 7 or 8 meters, but the machine will shaking with noise and we don't recommend.
    Taney,

Like we discussed, I have the z axis set at 2000 mm/min and still have a problem. When I download a file with a process feed of 7500, travel speed of 7500, and down speed ratio of .4 the z axis looses control by moving down to the table too fast. When this happens, the x and y axis do not move, the z axis just continues to move down and into the table beyond zero. The only way to stop this is with an emergency stop.

Here are my current settings

pulse equivalent
    x = 127.3 y = 127.3 z = 400

auto start speed
    x, y, and z are 100 mm/min

manual start speed
    x,y, and z are 300 mm/min

Start speed = 4000 sec

High speed step .05 mm/min

Low speed step 0.1 mm/min

Home speed
    x = 10000 mm/min y = 10000 mm/min z = 2000 mm/min