588,423 active members*
5,851 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 128 of 184 2878118126127128129130138178
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

anything computerwise that occurs beyond the keyboard is shrouded in deep mystery for me, definitely one of the blackest of arts.
    Yup, and we try hard to maintain the mystique. Pretty successful so far. :bat:

It's sometimes the very simplest of things. I remember one time when the 'user' (NOT me!) could not get anything to work, even with telephone support guiding. Just nothing happened. Turned out the instructions from the support guy did not include 'and press Enter at the end of the command you have just typed'.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Rog.....that's exactly where I'm at.......I need to be told precisely what to press or click on as I don't have the savvy to work through computerise or interpret jargon that anyone who is in the game understands, and what makes it more difficult is when they "upgrade" to a completely new computer OS........grrrrr........the amount of time it takes without a comprehensive manual fathoming out what drag down menus does what is irritating.

Anyway, until I get the proper software support nothing significant will happen, so nothing to write home about.

It's good to be wise after the problem, so I expect in the end all this will just be another small hiccup to overcome and the system will shine as it should.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi Rog.....that's exactly where I'm at.......I need to be told precisely what to press or click on as I don't have the savvy to work through computerise or interpret jargon that anyone who is in the game understands, and what makes it more difficult is when they "upgrade" to a completely new computer OS........grrrrr........the amount of time it takes without a comprehensive manual fathoming out what drag down menus does what is irritating.

Anyway, until I get the proper software support nothing significant will happen, so nothing to write home about.

It's good to be wise after the problem, so I expect in the end all this will just be another small hiccup to overcome and the system will shine as it should.
    Ian.
    Hi handle,

Have you still not received the driver software and .xml file and the installation guide PDF? We have sent many times from different emails but all of them failed. Same problem happened to other clients. Any email containing this driver package can not pass. I guess it's some reason of internet block problem but I don'[t know why. At last we have to ask our distributor to send them to you and hope you have it now. if not, email us and I will ask my partner to send it again to you. It should be an easy thing today to transfer anything on internet but obviously we have problems here. I think we have consider a CD disk for it next. Any difficulty during installation of the driver can email me and I would help to that.. It's far more easier than sending it! crazy..LOL

Sorry I've been crazy busy in last few months working on "standardization" of all machines and new developments except the production. My goal is to set up the production all at high quality level and make it stable. It's really far more complicated than building a few machines. LOL I think this period will last to the end of this year and then I will have a lot of things to update and talk here.

Defeng
    www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: [email protected]; Skype: skyfirecnc

Defeng

Have you tried zipping the driver file along with the XML and the PDF?
    I know some mailers get a bit unhappy sending exe files as they can contain viruses.

Hint: if you rename the driver file from driver.exe to driver.dat, that sometimes works inside a zip file. just tell the customer to rename the file when unzipped.

Cheers
    Roger

cough cough Put file on your website cough cough Dropbox cough cough support customer with Teamviewer...

Quote Originally Posted by digit23 View Post
    cough cough Put file on your website cough cough Dropbox cough cough support customer with Teamviewer...
    Yes just put it on your SKYFIRE web site, most manufactures do it this way, saves a lot of problems, that you can have with file transfer in a Emails
    Mactec54

Hi all........well it's been a bumpy ride the last few days.... for me.....AND MAINLY BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE SMALL PRINT........when Mach3 is offered as a download trial it says that it will support Win XP and Win 7......WIN 7 32 bit NOT WIN 7 64 BIT.........why don't I get wiser as I get older....sigh.

So, once again to the breach, and tomorrow I swap computers over for my little old Acer Verizon 1000 with Win XP on it and once again connect to the LAN and download Mach3......after that, according to the experts who've been holding my hand, the installation and running should go according to the book.......fingers crossed etc.

BTW, when I received the driver and XML files in zipped form, (they had been sent with the driver ending with .CNC and I had to change the end to EXE).... I unzipped with WinZip, changed the end of the driver file only to EXE and saved both to My Documents, then I burnt them to a CD.

Previously Outlook Express blocked the driver file only as it ended in EXE and OE thought it was potentially dangerous and so blocked it.......changing the end to CNC fooled OE and it got through......tomorrow will tell if all is well.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi all........well it's been a bumpy ride the last few days.... for me.....AND MAINLY BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE SMALL PRINT........when Mach3 is offered as a download trial it says that it will support Win XP and Win 7......WIN 7 32 bit NOT WIN 7 64 BIT.........why don't I get wiser as I get older....sigh.
    I believe it will work with Win7 64-bit as long as you use a motion controller and not the parallel port. Since you have a USB connection to the mill, you should have a motion controller, and, in theory, it should work with Win7 64-bit. But, I'm far from an expert in Mach3.

Hi, the support team and Defeng stated that Mach3 does not support Win7 64 bit.......32 bit ..yes.....that was the main reason I could not get anything to work as the driver would not cooperate with Mach3.......the mill comes with a USB connection to the computer.
    Ian.

Mach3 does not work on 64bit when using the parallel port. With external motion controllers it shouldn't be any problem, IF the motion controller driver works under 64bit as well.
    At work I am working on cnc plasma cutters controlled by mach3, with PLCM-E3 motion controllers (ethernet), and that works perfect under windows 7 X64, windows 8 and also tested under windows 10.
    You probably have the leafboy77 card inside your controller, that should work with 64bit OS without problems.

Is the plugin in your mach3\plugin folder installed? Should look like USBMove.dll I think, although I never worked with that controller myself.

And that is WHy i stay away from Windows for work playing is ok ... But Nice to read .., Even tormach switched ....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ian what everyone is saying is correct you only need a 32 bit computer to use M3 and M4 but you only need it to be 32 bit if you are running the parallel port (M3), Darwin in M4 is the parallel port driver.

64 bit should not be a problem with a external controller as windows work with both

you are more than likely missing a USB driver depending on what USB chip the motion controller uses.

when you install the controller software to see if there's is a problem or something missing you can go into the devices manager in win 7 it is Control Panel\System and Security\device manager\universal serial bus controllers, if there is a yellow caution symbol there is something missing.

and if when you install it if there is nothing in the plugin folder with the usb whatever it's called in there it won't work you may have to drag and drop it in there.

if you want to just send me the zip file they sent and I will walk you through it. and at the sametime I can find if you need a Different USB driver I make up a document for you
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi, thanks Dan..........at the moment I'm getting Mach3 back onto the Win XP computer and that entails setting it up in the house with the monitor and the keyboard and the mouse then connecting to the LAN for the internet access.

Once I have that going I'll be back out to the garage and do the setting up as I originally should have before I got the Win 7 computer.

In my infinite wisdom I thought that Win 7 would be a much better option in place of the steam driven oldie Win XP computer........turns out I was completely wrong.

I'll post again once something transpires......and it'd better be the motors and spindle rotating ....LOL.
    Ian.

Ian bad new this is ball ****.
    Hi, the support team and Defeng stated that Mach3 does not support Win7 64 bit. it does I have run it on win 7 and 8 64 bit. if your machine need`a 32 bit computer it`s the usb driver chip that needs it what is a bit odd.

so unfortunately this is not a good reply from defang or his support

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    Hi, the support team and Defeng stated that Mach3 does not support Win7 64 bit. it does I have run it on win 7 and 8 64 bit. if your machine need`a 32 bit computer it`s the usb driver chip that needs it what is a bit odd.

I think you guys are miss reading this, he needs to use an XP machine, because his USB plug in connection, is just the same as if he was using a parallel port, the USB connection, sounds like it's not driving an external CPU, that is why he needs to use XP operating system, Win7 and Mach3 do not work very reliably trying to support a Parallel Port type connection, it works great if you have the external hardware ( CPU ) to support it

Look at the first Breakout Boards Defang made used a Parallel Port, so it is most likely the same Breakout Boards with a USB connection

Page 17 Post # 195
    Mactec54

Win 7 64 bit works perfectly OK with Mach3 .064 IF you are using an Ethernet Smooth Stepper.

I know there are problems with W7 64 bit if you want to use a parallel port (but try Darwin), and I suspect that any USB driver designed for a 32 bit machine might not (will not) work on a 64 bit machine. That too is a known limitation.

It is also known that the FTDI chip and driver have bugs. Bad choice there for the first SS.

Cheers
    Roger

that may be so but it still a bit different that he is useing a USB whatever that needs 32 bit, Mach 3 and 4 only needs 32 bit computer`s. but this, stated that Mach3 does not support Win7 64 bit is wrong so it is a bad reply, yes his english may not be that good and just put it wrong. as far as I have been told by the people who know M3 inside and out you can't just have a straight usb to pp converter.

but there is no image or info on skyfire web site about the usb board it only has this 4 Axis USB Controller-200kHz/400kHz just looked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Defeng

Have you tried zipping the driver file along with the XML and the PDF?
    I know some mailers get a bit unhappy sending exe files as they can contain viruses.

Hint: if you rename the driver file from driver.exe to driver.dat, that sometimes works inside a zip file. just tell the customer to rename the file when unzipped.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi RCaffin,

Yes, I tried the ways you mentioned. but still couldn't work through even after zipped the files or rename the file name from .exe to other. I will put the driver software to website when I update the website soon. And together will make driver CD to send with machines next to avoid such problems.

Thank you for your suggestions. We will fix this problem.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

I have been told by the people who know M3 inside and out you can't just have a straight usb to pp converter.
    I think their 'knowledge' is of a shallow and inexperienced kind.
    USB is a HW and SW protocol for a communication link.
    We KNOW it is possible to write a USB driver to LPT for a 32 bit computer (plenty out there), and we KNOW you can use USB on a 64 bit machine.

But what would I know? I have only been playing with computers since about 1970. At the device driver and Assembly language level.

Cheers
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post

The 32bit system problem only limited to the earlier version such as on Ian's machine. The new versions controller card this year are able to support both 32bit or 64bit OS.. things always go forward but also bring such problems.We are talking with driver supplier to see if they can update a new version to support the earlier under 64bit OS.

Not only this driver problem, we also found a few other detailed problems from customer feedbacks: power supply voltage problem may cause motor driver alarm, breaker action by mistake. All of them are come from different user conditions may be different from China local conditions. So the problems are hard to find during our own tests even we did it long time and a lot. The thing is, we find the problems, we face it. We make the problems open and discuss here to fix it and upgraded to avoid it forever. That will be our work way.

Next days I will post some problems our customer found and what we do/will do to fix it. I'm sure thus we will have best machines at last.

Thank you for all of your guys here!

Cheers~
    Defeng
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Page 128 of 184 2878118126127128129130138178