588,263 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Changing or disabling home position for tool change.
Page 2 of 2 12
    OoooHH! Thats why it is interlocked on the PMC, you have a parts catcher that might get in the way of the tool change. As Jvangelder says you can do the PMC programming on the machine but you have to be careful not to screw up your original program.

Look at the PMC program and you should see some use for the Gn130.x bits. This are the axis interlock bits, and you should see that the turret control axis is interlocked. Thats the bit you will want to bypass.

You can bypass it by adding a parallel line that has a K0xx.x and that will unlock that interlock.

Quote Originally Posted by gilchapa View Post
    OoooHH! Thats why it is interlocked on the PMC, you have a parts catcher that might get in the way of the tool change.
    As well as the sub spindle, the chuck, or depending on the tools, the covers of the machine. You might not want to be at X home to do a toolchange. some of our posts clear the covers by less than a 1/4"

You can bypass it by adding a parallel line that has a K0xx.x and that will unlock that interlock.
    Thats really not a good idea, one slip on the keypad while setting up and.. you have just indexed your turret into god knows what

-Jacob

Thats really not a good idea, one slip on the keypad while setting up and.. you have just indexed your turret into god knows what

-Jacob[/QUOTE]

Well I admit I tend to oversimplify things and he will have to make sure that he is programming something safe, but thats the general idea and if MikieD gets it to work he will have an improvement, which is why we are all here dont you think?

SET the PC PARAMETER (D DATA)
    D9.5 Auto Mode x axis interlock
    D7.5 Jog modus x axis interlock
    D12.4 B axis interlock

after that it should be pssibe to rotate in jog and auto mode in any positin and also without B axis at ref position. if you don´t know how i can explain you to get into this PC Parameter screen.( normally *system->pmc->pmcdgn-> status and there you search for D)

you can also check these D parameters in your ladder file and there you will find that these data is protecting the turret of rotating....

usually it is because it is easily to crash your machine thats why you have to set these Parameters a your own risk

Quote Originally Posted by khaot183 View Post
    SET the PC PARAMETER (D DATA)
    D9.5 Auto Mode x axis interlock
    D7.5 Jog modus x axis interlock
    D12.4 B axis interlock

after that it should be pssibe to rotate in jog and auto mode in any positin and also without B axis at ref position. if you don´t know how i can explain you to get into this PC Parameter screen.( normally *system->pmc->pmcdgn-> status and there you search for D)

you can also check these D parameters in your ladder file and there you will find that these data is protecting the turret of rotating....

usually it is because it is easily to crash your machine thats why you have to set these Parameters a your own risk
    I made these changes today and have removed just over 3 seconds of wasted motion from a part that was running 27 seconds! I can't wait to come back to some of our other parts and optimize them as well!

I wanted to thank everyone that helped me here!

Page 2 of 2 12