588,231 active members*
4,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    Thats a shame to hear that. I dont know about the 55 gallon problems as i have only bought a 5 gallon pail. And it also is partly empty as stated on there website. I added the water to the concentrate and have not had a problem. I dont endorse this company or anything like that, just very pleased with the product and the service.

When did the foaming start? After it went threw pump or as you was adding it to tank? Just curious.

Troy

EZ-Kool

During machine operation the foaming became considerably worse to the extent of overflowing the tank. This product may work fine out of a spray bottle but it is definitely not for machine use. I'd also be concerned about excessive tool wear due to insufficient lubrication if mixed according to their instructions. If you're going by color it's blue but as to machining performance of the product is it sucks.

Foam

Thanks to this customer we have added more antifoam into our synthetic #102 that he had an issue with.
    Every problem is an opportunity to overcome. We strive to make a better product everyday and modify our formulas as needed.
    We will soon be releasing a special low foam semi-synthetic coolant to help provide very fine finishes in Aluminum and added tool protection as well.
    Our methods are very, very different from other manufacturers and once in a great while we get a negative response from a surprised customer. We try to make very clear our shipping methods and differences with other products.
    www.EZKoolDirect.com - Home

Thumbs up EZ-Kool Fluid Products, Coolant

Interesting that there was no mention of the customer's loss concerning the product. Bottom line is that any company that doesn't stand behind a product with a customer during an issue lacks the integrity necessary to make a good product> I'm sure that all of the machinist here would agree that if a customer has an issue with a product you make it right at any cost. Ez-Kool's refusal to address the issue but offer a now excuse for this shortfall and supposed remedy in no way justifies the apparent defect not only with it's product but also it's company policies. Bottom line is give a customer what he pays for and he will come back for more. If not they won't come back and inevitably become your worst enemy.

We prefer to foster relationships with companies and individuals who do not threaten to "become a worst enemy".
    We hope that this past client finds happiness with another product.

EZ-Kool Fluid Products, Coolant

Thank you, my only desire is for other machinist and Machine Shop owners alike myself to know the truth about Ez-Cool products as it is an inviting purchase that will inevitably result in a tremendous disappointment in not only the product but it's one man staff of a company. Thanks David for perpetrating yourself as fellow member rather than a salesman chasing a buck.

"One Time Customer"

Hi I was suckered into the purchase of this EZ-Kool fluid product. They advertise that it will make 4 times the usable coolant with their concentrate. The first thing I noticed is that in purchasing a 55 gal drum they only shipped the container half full. When I inquired they said that the water was left out to save on shipping cost.
    Well, their web site does say:
    'Our "No Water" shipping process : The unique EZ-Kool shipping method is different from any other metalworking fluid available today. Our EZ-Kool Alumikut 15:1 ratio, Value 15:1 ratio and Regular 20:1 ratio series Synthetic and Semi-Synthetic coolants ship out in partially filled containers, containing differing amounts of our Koolit "S" series Semi-Synthetic or Koolit "SC" series Synthetic super concentrates. The customer or distributor then tops off with the needed water component on receipt.'

Seems to me the company shipped exactly what they promised. Where's the beef?

Cheers

Thumbs up EZ-Kool Direct Fluid Products Review

For years we have used ValCool products in our equipment and decided to to try something different. We purchased the "V" Series 55 gal (27 gal) product for use in our CNC equipment. As specified by EZ-Kool if you will receive half the actual volume purchased. The first thing we noticed was that with the Ez-Kool product which was supposedly 100% Concentrate seemed to have 1/2 the consistency of the Valcool product of which EZ-Kool claims has been diluted by water in receiving a full container. Upon speaking with the Ez-Kool sales rep he assured us that it was a fantastic product and if we didn't like it there would be a full refund of the purchase price so we gave it a try. The recommended mixture is 20:1 which we placed within the machine. After about 15 min the coolant began to FOAM. After testing the concentration with a Refractometer it was discovered that the mixture was 50% below the recommended concentration. Thus we had to add exactly double the concentrate to eliminate the foaming. Also after adding double the concentrate the product breaks down fairly quickly requiring you to constantly add concentrate to eliminate foaming and excessive tool wear.After informing Ez-Kool of the results they conducted an In-house study to confirm this issue. Of course there was no refund offered but simply ceased communication offering no resolution for this substantial shortfall of their product. If you do decide to purchase the product please note that you will receive 50% performance\usage as compared to other fluids. We'll never purchase this product again but have opted to spend a few more dollars to purchase a viable product that after using the Ez-Kool V Series makes them a bargain purchase.(nuts)

EZ-Kool Direct Fluid Products Review

CORRECTION THE EXACT RATIO NECESSARY TO ELIMINATE FOAMING AND REDUCED TOOL WEAR TO COMMENSURATE PRODUCTS IS 5 : 1 not 20 : 1.

There is the beef..

Melbourne:
    I use soluble oil. About $25 for 4-5L. Nice smell. No itchiness (for me)
    https://plus.google.com/101224496923...ut?gl=au&hl=en
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

foam

Anti foam additives are effective in proportion to how much of the product is used in a mixture. We use 2 different anti-foaming agents and apply to our products at different rates. These anti-foams are not cheap. We pay $860 for a 5 gallon container of our newest anti-foam product!! MOST customers will never need the extra anti-foam and anyone can purchase aftermarket anti-foam to treat metalworking fluids as needed for the few machines that may require it.
    As mentioned before the previous client had foaming issues at minimum concentrations. This can be caused by several issues such as not rinsing the cleaner out of the sump completely to having a tank that is too small to handle the fast turnover rates. Increasing the concentration also increases, naturally, the amount of anti-foam present in the sump resulting in lower foaming potential. As well, this could be a true through the tool high pressure application.
    Is higher concentration a bad thing? Well, getting twice the lubricity to the edge of a tool cannot be a bad thing. Unfortunately for, small shops, it is very difficult to judge tool life performance objectively as tools are coming in and out quickly. In large facilities it is very easy to make a correlation between concentration levels and tool life. Not just for our product, but anybodies coolant. The coolant is a liquid tool that, when used properly, is a great way to REDUCE your tooling costs.
    Most users are just happy to have a stable fluid that is easy to maintain and is easy on the machinists.
    In this customers case, he did not read about our "no-Water" shipping process and wanted to return the drum after receipt. I suggested that he mix a 5 gallon pail and try it out before return. This was the last we heard from him until 2 or 3 months later when he came back and demanded a refund or replacement or else he would attack us. This thread is a result of this promise.
    Every manufacturer makes metalworking fluids differently and not every product works well in any particular situation. We (manufacturers) use different ingredients to best suit our immediate customers needs. We change and improve over time based upon both positive and negative feedback.
    It's always best to try out a new fluid for several months in one dedicated machine, preferably the "troublemaker" machine in the shop to see if a new fluid can cure a problem. If one product does not work then ultimately another will work out. After a through trial with 5 gallon pail, then go for your drum or tote purchase.

EZ-Kool

Ok so we just received our shipment of Valcool VP700-55B Price $958.00 from MSC w/ 15% discount. 5 gal @ $113.78. The first thing we noticed compared to Ez-Kool is there was a full 55 gal drum. Secondly the consistency was approx 1 1/2 that of Ez-Kool straight out the barrel. We then dumped the Ez-Kool from the tanks and prepared a mixture at the minimum 6% ratio (16:1) and refilled the tank. Ran the machine no foaming and beautiful true blue color...! Also, Tooling lasted considerably longer. We then added another 2% of concentrate as recommended Valcool ratio is 6 - 10% just for good looks and optimal tool performance.

Verdict Ez-Kool is not a good value even if thier price was reduced to half the cost. At a mixture of 5:1 ratio in comparison (Proven) to 16:1 of Valcool it doesn't justify their cost. If you still want to take the risk I'd suggest getting a free sample rather than the give it a try by wasting money on a five gallon container.

First and Last Time Customer of EZ Kool Fluid Products

Water Content

Anyone out there who is really interested: Please call your current coolant manufacturer's tech desk and ask how much water is in a Synthetic or Semi-Synthetic coolant. Their answer will fall between 50% - 80% water. That's just the way it is. Why? to make Synthetic proportion out at a similar rate to a soluble oil product.

This customers time line:

July 23rd 2012 - placed order
    July 31st 2012 - customer perfomed 5 gallon test as customer was surprised by our "no-water" shipping method. We assume all is well.
    NO CONTACT from customer through July and August
    October 15th 2012 - wrote to us and claimed "almost out" and demands more product FREE or will diss our product
    January 31st 2013 just gets in a new drum - see next thread

6 months from a drum is not bad life for a drum user. Most shops would buy 5 gallon pails instead.

We sell our products overseas, to the US Military, nuclear and aircraft facilities as well as to simple mom and pop machine shops and have no intention of changing our methods to ship water content. Shipping water is for other companies, not for us.

EZ-Kool Direct Fluid Products Review

Dear Sir, to clarify I have complained since purchase or at least until you ceased communication concerning a refund. Per your statement water is not added as that would nullify the statement of being a concentrate ! Per my response Ez-Kool does not meet the standards of other commercial coolants. And, yes we are not a home shop but a business that has been machining for 18 yrs therefore if your going to use a product why purchase a small amount when an ongoing supply is required. 6 months on a 27 gal not 55 gal is totally unacceptable for any shop. If it is necessary for a company to lie in sufficing the shortcomings of your product then so be it. Basically it seems that you're cheating customers into thinking you are selling a viable product when in actuality it may be if you would stop trying to squeeze every penny out of a sale and just practice fair trade.

Amazingly there are no reviews on Ez-Cool Fluid Products

www.EZKoolDirect.com - Home - Home

Well now you have ONE from a dissatisfied ONE-TIME Customer

I have all the e-mails and logs to prove my timeline is correct.

Customer was allowed to return the product but continued to use after his pail test.

AFTER being denied FREE coolant he resorts to attacks, as he promised.

The ONLY thing missing from our drums is water. Period. We will not yield that advantage as it is the customer who has to pay for this water being shipped across the globe!

Our methods are very different, that is without question. People who can READ can see how we are different and make up their minds for themselves. Our growing business is testimony enough that our product is a good one. We will not be railroaded by one extortionist.

Stop paying for shipping water! www.EZKoolDirect.com - Home

Thumbs up EZ-Kool Fluid Products, Coolant

NO RETURN OF INITIAL SHIPPING COST $150.00 + BUYER PAYS RETURN SHIPPING TO EZ KOOL $150.00.....

It would make better sense rather than throwing stones at the customer to defend the quality of your product. Truth be told although you state there is no water added I beg to differ as your concentrate is much thinner than your competitors that you've claimed to dilute their product. Explain how one product works exceptionally well at 16 : 1 mixture and your just barely survives at 5 : 1 ratio. Thus we must conclude that your concentrate said to be void of any water is simply of poor quality and isn't fit to market. Prospering company, where is your website ? Positive Testimonials of your products, services?

I won't continue to debate this issue as there have been numerous voids discussed that anyone can see your claim is not relative to a viable product. just no water added.... :violin:

More lies from the Sonny (aka Wadsworth) about us. Stated $150. Lie. We charge $69.95 to ship this drum from us to his zip code of 30012 in Georgia.

See for yourself. Everything is online at our EZ-Kool website (same as it's always been) www.EZKoolDirect.com - Home. Go to the Synthetic section, down to the #102R.55, add to cart, input his zip code 30012 and see for yourself - $69.95 - or enter your own zip code to see how much we charge to get product to your door.

Recommendations? Check out Troy's comments below dated 1-28-13 and especially the one dated 3-9-12. This is a smart guy who can read and has an open mind. Thank God for good people.

Our "EZ-Kool "No-Water" shipping method eliminates the 50% - 80% water content found in all Synthetic and Semi-Synthetic coolants currently on the market today! Why pay for shipping water?

If I may quote neilw20

"Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way".

Either way your company seems a bit shady and once again rather than address the issue of poor customer service you have reinforced the EZ Kool policy of not standing behind it's product. Nor have you addressed the issue of why Ez-Kool rates so far below it's competition deeming it a waste of money rather than provide value for the end user. Put it this way you lost a repeat customer, a $1,137.00 sale to Valcool and any chance of gaining any new customers for Ez-Kool in the near future...! Give us some facts besides you don't add water which in being a recipient of this product that seems very difficult to believe. Also apparently you still have the foaming issue just add more concentrate and it goes away ! 5:1 is the maximum Ez Kool functioning ratio compared to 10 - 16 : 1 of any of the other synthetic coolant manufacturers for a few pennies more. That is a fact....!

The fact is, Wadsworth (sonny), that you are a proven liar.

As shown in your statement that we charge $150 shipping when it is actually $69.95 (see 2 replies ago) you will stop at nothing to discredit someone who you cannot bully.

Your last thread says you paid $1137 but just yesterday you said you paid $958. Lie after lie after lie.

Lost chances of gaining new customers? Right! We are RUINED because Wadsworth said bad things about us because his extortion plan did not work! Fair minded people see right past all of your BS.

Keep on posting if you like, troll. You just look worse and worse with every post.

Split the difference and you have shipping for a FULL 55 gal container. Now rather than worrying about whether I'm dotting my i's or crossing my t's your concern should be a defective product and the exposing of your scam. I won't do you the service of resorting to name calling or making other derogatory personal statements that are of no value to the forum. Let the readers decide as my evaluation of your products were for informational purposes only not a mission to make you look bad. Afterall as presumably you are a professional that has unfortunately made himself look bad by stooping to mischief rather than presenting the facts.

Page 2 of 3 123