588,240 active members*
4,309 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 203 of 422 103153193201202203204205213253303
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello,

I work in the aircraft maintenance field and have experience with a CNC mill and learning on a new CNC Hass Lathe. Happy to have access to this resource!

AJ

I have been a member here for years, but probably have not posted before. I'm a retired auto parts guy in Fort Worth TX. My hobby is restoring older manual lathes and mills - Logans, South Bends, Millrites, Rockwells etc. In the process of some recent horse trading I ended up with two Sherline-based CNC training mills, one a Denford and the other a Lab-Volt. I intend to get these up and running on EMC or Mach3 in the near future. Currently in the steep part of the learning curve, poring over the old posts here, and will be asking for help, no doubt.

I'm a Brazilian Lawyer, CEO of Madvei wood company, and a Light Sport Airplane pilot

Hi I build mobile homes and cabins and thinking cnc would be a great investment and just a wonderful tool so here I am

Hey...!

My name is Tommy, I build custom PC's and do minor woodworking, would love to , scratch that.....NEED TO-WANT TO- HAVE TO- WILLLLL learn the CNC trade, to aid in my builds...! Thx!

hello guys
    i am mechanical engineer and i am working as a cnc operator for glass , i buy one china cnc zq-s 3040 for hobby and i am training with others materials

cheers

Hi everyone

My name is Mark.
    I have a 700 x 900 cnc router that i basically only use for hobby woodworking stuff.

Hi,
    My Name is Patrick, would like to learn and build a cnc from this shared forum.

Thanks

What's up, guys (and gals?)? I'm here to soak up some knowledge, and meet some smart people. I'm in the firearms industry and am interested in learning CNC to aid in the production of components in that arena. I own a small business, and have access to a very nice machine shop and want to increase my knowledge so as not to have to hire out what I can do myself. I am interested in design and production equally, and know very little about either on a mechanical level. I vaguely understand the concepts involved, and know materials, coatings, etc...just not enough about the technical aspects of generating designs and translating those 1s and 0s into a functional metal part. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and sharing what knowledge I do have with whomever is interested and (legally) able to use it. I am a type 7 FFL with a class 2 SOT.

Hi everyone, my name is Alexis, I´m from Argentina and I am looking forward to building my very first CNC. I am still gathering materials and while looking for information I came across this forum and found it interesting. I hope I will learn a lot and hopefully after I have some experience I can help others as well.
    Cheers,
    A

Hi all,
    My Name is arief, would like to learn and build a cnc.

Many Thanks

Greetings From Sunny SA
    Run a small production business in the Expo trade industry. Growing with the times and have invested in a Biesse Klever.
    Wanting to grow further by learning!
    Hopefully the sharing of experiences and knowledge will be a 2 way street!

Thanks

Hello,
    I'm an AirForce machinist with experience using (among all the other machines) FeatureCAM and a cnc bridgeport mill. I first got interested in homebuilt cnc routers when I visited "From bits to bots" on the web--that creative genius used old printer stepper motors and a computer's 25pin printer port to make some interesting machines. Since then, I've only been able to build a 3 axis manual "gantry" (I guess you'd call it) and experimented making wooden rotors for a homebuilt helicopter; had to turn each direction manually. The accuracy was incredible given the materials i used. Hangups while trying to go further is gear hardware and SOFTWARE! (Devil's in the details!!) Looking for a cheap CAM solution so I can buy a machine I found locally. Hope to talk to ya soon!!

Gracias me interesa mucho esta área de la tecnologia y por supuesto el capacitarme y poder fabricar un CNC para corte con plasma y otros lo que conlleva a un conocimiento que se puede tener y fortalecer a través de estos foros.

Hello, I'm now a student in a CNC technician program, with a background in fabrication and job shop plasma table, laser center, and cnc press brake operation. Its time to get acquainted with cnc machining!

hi i operate a 4 axis double process onsrud for a living.

Hi, my name is david and I'm from Italy.
    I'm a musician and i'm studying engineering, I'm building a mandolin with a friend whit the help of a CNC router!

oi bom dia a todos sou Robson Sou estudante de engenharia , estou aqui para tira algumas duvidas com voce

Hi all,

I'm Alex. I'm a fairly new cnc machinist. Seems like there's always more to learn...Looking forward to interactions here. Also, spend some of my spare time with RC helicopters.

Cheers!

Hi, my name is Joel, I'm an ex advanced level automotive master tech currently trying to transition into the industrial machine/automation sector. My hobbies that I love and take place in the man cave are welding, fabrication, mechatronics, radical power train, performance and electrical modifications to vehicles, arduino micro controller automation projects and hardware hacking in general.

I have had the cnc bug ever since the man I bought my plasma machine from told me about it several years ago. I have learned alot, but I am still on the steep learning curve, with machine building, setup, cad/cam next. I now have motors running from the machine software(linux cnc, never been more excited to see a motor with tape on it spin) and am hoping to build my first shoe string scrap parts / low resolution table soon to learn and upgrade from there. I also hope to build a homemade TIG machine. I hope others with similar financial constraints can learn and build with me as well, in an open source like fashion.

Thanks in advance

Page 203 of 422 103153193201202203204205213253303