588,285 active members*
4,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 222 of 422 122172212220221222223224232272322
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello, I'm Sales Manager of a machine tool distributor in the great state of Michigan.

Hello CNCZone! I work at a small shop in SW MT, i keep this place rolling as shop manager. i do what i have to, tool making/design, CNC operator/programmer/repairman. We have 2 Haas VMC's, 1 Haas HMC, and a citizen screw machine. I have spent ALOT of time on this site over the years, mostly troubleshooting issues with the CNC's and finally created an account so i can interact. Thanks to all who post on here, you have gotten me through some tricky situations.

Hi All- Finally joining. Just finished the build of a kit from cncrouter parts. Been fumbling around with modbus controllers for my chinese spindle and thought I'd get serious and sign in. Thanks for being here!

Hello CNCzone. Just graduated with a first-class honours in MEng Mechanical Engineering from one of the top 5 UK unis..looking for work at the moment, and still wondering with what i really want to do with my life..i'm thinking instead of paying 695pounds per month rent looking for work, to just go back to Cyprus and buy a CNC mill instead..it will certainly be more useful and i could do custom engineering work..this way i would at least make some profit. Or maybe finish 80% AR-15 lowers with auto-sear and auto bolt (like i could afford to buy a mill that cuts 4xxx series steel) and sell them to terrorists Just kidding..i was thinking building a custom HPA airsoft gun just for fun. To be honest i thought about it a lot and i just like creating things; i was always messing around hacking/modifying everything (including electronics) to make something more useful/better. I know i'll get eventually a job sooner or later, but i feel like selling myself to the petroleum industry at the moment just for a relatively good starting salary.Who would want to work in f**king Aberdeen? What do you think guys, how did you started out? What are you doing at the moment?

p.s. But srsly f**k all these corrupted, greedy politicians/bankers/a**holes..i have this damn piece of paper and i can't get a job even as a trash collector..and yeah most of my colleagues are still unemployed and UK is the most racist country in Europe considering employment...just completed 3 online tests for SHELL too..let me burn my diploma now lol

I performed some CNC milling in college almost 50 years ago, but nothing since. I just completed building my own CNC router, using Dave Gatton's economy CNC plans (cncsidewinder.com). I have machined a few extra parts for my machine and a cribbage board as first projects. I made a few modifications to David's plans to make the cost of building even lower. I am VERY pleased with the accuracy and rigidity of my machine. It is slower than most, but this was a direct result of my cost savings. (1/2x13 threaded rod, homemade zero backlash nuts, 270oz. stepper motors). I was concerned that given my slower maximum traverse speeds, and fixed router speed, I might have issues with cutter heating, but this dose not appear to be a problem. (about 27 IPM max axis speed) I am still in the midst of learning CAD CAM and G-Code software, and I'm looking for fresh ideas. My machine capacity is a real cutting area of 22" x 42" with a Z movement of 4.5".

Im new in all aspects to cnc. I found this site looking for plans to build a cnc plasma table.
    I have a decent sized hobby machine, and fab shop.
    Im looking foward to learning!

Jake Parker
    Jake Parker

Hi all,
    I'm new to CnC -ish. I design custom components at work that are then made in a machine shop, but never actually run one. I figured it would be fun to make and run my own cnc at home and came to this great site for help and design ideas. I am going to attempt to build a 5 axis machine with a movable gantry. I chose 5 axis mostly for the challenge of it and because I haven't been able to find any good plans for a 5 axis. Once I am done, and it works (most important part ), I plan on sharing my design on here, tho I expect that it will take a very long time to complete it.

-David

Hello! Long tome lurker here. My name is Dave, and I am in the process of starting my own company. I would call myself creative, and have many ideas/designs for firearms accessories. I have two patents pending on said accessories and will be manufacturing them when they are approved.

I have the Harbor Freight X2 clone and have completed a 3 axis CNC conversion using CNC Fusion ball screws and a good amount of swearing.

I look forward to contributing as I get deeper into this hobby/potential carreer!

Hi all
    I've worked in CNC for about 10 years in the software end of the business, developing and implementing algorithms to automate programming of CNC machines making injection molds, optical molds, and waterjet cutting. Probably the coolest thing I worked on was a program to correct errors in diamond turning, achieving tolerances of about 50nm (yes, nanometers) on first pass.

I just took delivery of a JCut-6090 for my home shop and have questions about getting it set up.

Hi everyone, joining. this community to search and share .dxf files and meet people with same hobby. Thanks for your support!

Jake I'm also wanting to build a CNC Plasma table. I am a Tool & Die maker & have a small welding & Fabrication hobby shop on the side. Have You found the info that We are looking for? I looking for recommendations on motor types,controllers,software,etc.
    Thanks Andy

Hi All,
    I'm a CNC newbie and have just been absorbing some of the information in the "Zone". I have done one education and then two extra educations to get more into cnc and now i have worked as a cnc-operator since 6months back, i work on a small companu Hem - Tjust mekaniska . There i worh in the lathe division, we have 1 DMG beta 800, small lathe with a 12 tool revolver, c-axis, tailstock, driven tool, but then nothing more, no y axis. Siemens solutionline 840 i think it uses. This one i used a lot in the begining of my time there, used only the dialogue, no iso. we use that mashine to more simple workpiecec. I also use one a little older mazak integrex 400-III ST with subspinde and a lower revolver, havent used this one so much but im able to program it and run it but i have not so much expirience with this. We also have one mazak integrex 200 SY with a mazak robot that we uses for some works that comes now and then and there is often 100piecec or so at each order, otherwise we do mostly 1-5 piecec of every thing we make, well back to the mashines. The integrex 200 has subspindle. In this one i have worked a little more, this one i can also program (when i program mazakashines i use only mazatrol) and run and i have some more experience with working with this mashine. I can also mention that when i where doing my education we used mazak, one quickturn and onenill i dont remember the name, mostly into lathes :P But they both went with the mazatrol matrix. The mashines at work are a bit older and use some older system that looks almost the same to me. So i have atleast some mazak experience. Recently our company bought a okuma multus u4000, 80 tools, tailstock and suportdock instead of b-revolver. I have recentry been away on one week education and the last week we had education at the company, some people from the company thet sells okuma here was at our company and had lessons with us for one week and he will be back in 2-3 weeks to do another week, and then also we have had people from a company that provide us with gibbscam here to make the postprocessor. So im new at the okuma but it is me and then another guy that will be using this mashine, the other guy are good in using gibbscam and solid works but i have to learn thos two systems soon. But im exited to start working with the okuma, wich will be my mailmashine from now on. Where i work it works like this, i get a drawing, i make the part, i think about where i would like to start, how to do it, what tools to use etc, i do the program, insert the tools in the mashine, and i make the part, and i also use a lot of defferent of meassuringdevices to make sure i got it right and then i leave it to delivery, hardening, grinding, or whatever the next operation is.. I think its funny and look forward to develop as a cnc-worker!

I live in sweden and when im not at work i do some workout at the gym and then run after some girls all the times so yeah, the workplace, the gym or the hunting girls, that is what i do

Hello, My name's Michael. I am a recently retired Field service Electronics Engineer (Scientific Instruments) now hoping to pursue some of the mechanics and electronics for myself! Following the recent successful completion of a home built 3 axis CNC I have "Got the bug" and realizing the limitations of my design I plan to purchase a Chinese Mill (possibly Carving CNC x6-1500) shortly. I would like to mill PCBs , small al parts . Already learned a bit reading the posts, so thanks for your insights.

Hiya,

my name is Thomas and I build things...
    I want to venture into the world of CNC to create cast patterns, build a plasma cutter and so much more.
    I bought some boards and some steppers and got exactly nowhere.
    Somehow I can't figure out why the darn things don't behave so I came here hoping that I will learn and conquer those beasts...

In advance thanks to all of you who share your knowledge with poor noobs like me...

Hi,
    I am quite new to this CNC stuff, but got me self a China 6040 mill - it sems until know to work out of the box.
    /Kasper

Hello.
    Cześć.

I am the owner of a metal stamping shop with several CNC's. I employ about 30 employees. However, I most enjoy learning and programming the CNC's myself. Once I learn a machine, I teach someone in the shop how to setup, program and run, give them a raise and let them go to town. Recently I bought a used 4 axis C,Y Mazak Integrex with a Mazatrol t-plus control. 1998 Vintage. I spend about 3 hours a day getting used to it. However, i will need help from this forum to figure a lot of things out on it. I'm looking forward to interacting with members of this forum.

Mike Mason

I build small engines.Ihave a runing challanger from scrach I also have a cnc mill

Hi I am a project manager in construction and have worked in wood my whole life. I am from Phoenix Arizona and I am excited to try my hand at working with metal.

Hello everybody!
    I'm new in this cnc stuff and want to learn more :wave:

Page 222 of 422 122172212220221222223224232272322