588,572 active members*
10,107 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Glacern Machine Tools - Vises, Toolholders, and Indexable Cutters

Glacern Machine Tools - Vises, Toolholders, and Indexable Cutters

As the Engineering Director at Glacern Machine Tools, I'm proud to announce our new line of vises, toolholders, and indexable cutters for CNC and manual milling machines.

Our website can be found at http://www.glacern.com.

We have an ever-expanding library of videos, including our latest, which showcases our new line of milling products. Video Link

We currently offer five different vises, including three single station and two double station vises.

Our toolholder line includes ER collet chucks, ER collets, drill chucks, endmill holders, facemill holders, pull studs, and wrenches for CAT40, BT40, NT40 and R8 machines.

Our indexable cutter line includes 45 degree facemills, 90 degree facemills, 90 degree endmills, and compatible name-brand inserts for all types of materials.

More details can be found on our website. If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them either right here in this thread or via email. You can contact me directly at [email protected]. Thanks for reading!

-Sol
    Glacern Machine Tools
    www.glacern.com

This our GSV-690 Standard Vise. The jaws are 6" wide and the jaw opening is 8.95". It is made of premium 80,000 psi ductile iron, with bedways and jawplates hardened to 45 HRC. Each vise is inspected to meet tolerances of 0.0005" or better in flatness, bed height, and fixed jaw-to-bed perpendicularity.

The GSV-690 is currently priced at $329.00 and will go head to head with $500+ vises. 11/16" vise keys, handle, and chip cover are included.

Through September 15th, we are offering a special for CNCZone members. The following link will add the item to your cart at a discounted price of $279.

Discount Link

This our GPV-615 Premium Vise. The jaws are 6" wide and the jaw opening is 6.25". With the jawplates in the outboard positions, the vise can clamp plates as wide as 15". The build quality and tolerances are identical to that of the GSV posted above. What makes this a "premium" vise is the features.

1. The sides are precision ground for high density or sideways mounting.
    2. It has four bolt flanges.
    3. The two circular covers in the middle of the bed pop off for direct mounting to T-nuts with a 1/2" socket cap screw. This is ideal for mounting the vise lengthwise along a manual milling machine's table, since the 5" bolt spacing matches the outer T-slot spacing.

T-bolts and nuts, toe clamps, 11/16" vise keys, handle, and chip cover are included.

The GPV-615 is currently priced at $499.00 and will go head to head with $800+ vises.

Through September 15th, we are offering a special for CNCZone members. The following link will add the item to your cart at a discounted price of $389.

Discount Link

I have to say, your pictures, videos and website are amazingly well done.

Thank you very much, japroach.

Just letting everyone know that the reversed-jaw version of the GPV premium vise is also on sale at $389.00. Very similar in construction and function, but without the back strain on CNC machines.

No special codes needed, as we have begun our fall special. More details are available on our home page, http://www.glacern.com.

-Sol
    Glacern Machine Tools

Nice looking products
    With a new HMC coming soon I will need more of ...everything...:argue:
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Parts View Post
    Nice looking products
    With a new HMC coming soon I will need more of ...everything...:argue:
    Gary
    If Glacern has what you want, consider buying it there! I've all of a sudden got a need for R8 tooling for a new mill that is on the way. A couple of boxes of Glacern stuff have turned up on my doorstep the past few days - ER25 collet chuck, face mill holder, 45 and 90 degree face mills. This is some beautifully made stuff and the people there have been very attentive and helpful. Since we all know that small business is the backbone of this country, here is a good chance to support one!

Quote Originally Posted by saltytri View Post
    If Glacern has what you want, consider buying it there! I've all of a sudden got a need for R8 tooling for a new mill that is on the way. A couple of boxes of Glacern stuff have turned up on my doorstep the past few days - ER25 collet chuck, face mill holder, 45 and 90 degree face mills. This is some beautifully made stuff and the people there have been very attentive and helpful. Since we all know that small business is the backbone of this country, here is a good chance to support one!
    Ditto!

Just got a couple R8 shank ER32 collet chucks. They're very nicely made and the price was unbelievable.

Best,

BW

I just want to give my opinion here as well. Just got a new Haas mill and ordered most of my toolholders and a vise from Glacern. This stuff is pretty incredible. I haven't put it through any abuse yet but these holders and vise are so nice I don't want to use them. I never thought I'd feel another drill chuck as buttery smooth as an Albrecht, but this is as good or better. My father was in town this weekend. He just bought himself a new Albrecht chuck. Once he saw mine from Glacern he decided to send his back. Same with the collet nut on the ER32 collet chucks. I don't know what class of thread this thing is cut with but I've never felt something thread on so smooth and with so little play.

I was a little skeptical since I think this is a new company but I have to say I honestly don't know how they can sell this stuff at the prices they do and still make money.