586,635 active members*
3,390 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 6 of 41 4567816

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Any insight on my issue? Please see the video.

Mach 3 and Chinese spindle / vfd discrepancy: https://youtu.be/D6a2j833OgM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

discojon

Have you checked to see if you are getting 10v out from your breakout board, at full speed, you need to have 10v to reach full speed
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    discojon

Have you checked to see if you are getting 10v out from your breakout board, at full speed, you need to get 10v to reach full speed
    I have and I'm not. I have replaced the breakout board also and it didn't help at all. When full speed is requested in mach, only about 9v gets output from ESS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hi,
    I have just installed a Huanyang VFD on my drilling machine so that I can get variable speed without having to open the cover and change belts. I had some previous experience in setting up VFD's when I installed Invertek drives on my two milling machines. The Invertek drives are very high quality and more expensive than the Chinese drives however they have one feature that I really like. They are completely silent when idle. They have cooling fans but these don't power up until the drive has been operating for a while. The Huanyang drive I just installed runs the cooling fan continuously and I find it a bit annoying. The thing with a drilling machine is that I might only use it for a few minutes at a time and it can remain idle for long periods. It is a nuisance to have to switch the drive on at the mains each time I want to use the drill and it takes 10 seconds or so for it to boot up. Does anyone know if there is a setting or a tweak to make the fan switch off when the drive is idle?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Preso

You can add a switch to the drive along with a pot to control speed.
    Don

I guess I was hoping that there was a setting that allowed the fan to switch off unless the temperature of the heatsink rose above a certain level. On another matter..... I have fitted a potentiometer and a remote switch to control the frequency and start/stop of the drill machine motor. My problem is that the pot runs the motor up to max frequency over a little more than half the full rotation of the pot. In other words, I can control the speed up to half way and the remaining half rotation does nothing. I want to calibrate the rotation of the pot and laser etch a scale to show RPM but I am puzzled why I cannot get a full scale. I have measured the voltage at the centre pin of the pot and it runs from zero volts to 10 volts over the full rotation of the wiper. The inverter seems to want to run at max frequency with a little over five volts. Can anyone shed some light on what I might be missing.
    Regards,

Preso

You just need the correct pot.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Preso View Post
    I guess I was hoping that there was a setting that allowed the fan to switch off unless the temperature of the heatsink rose above a certain level. On another matter..... I have fitted a potentiometer and a remote switch to control the frequency and start/stop of the drill machine motor. My problem is that the pot runs the motor up to max frequency over a little more than half the full rotation of the pot. In other words, I can control the speed up to half way and the remaining half rotation does nothing. I want to calibrate the rotation of the pot and laser etch a scale to show RPM but I am puzzled why I cannot get a full scale. I have measured the voltage at the centre pin of the pot and it runs from zero volts to 10 volts over the full rotation of the wiper. The inverter seems to want to run at max frequency with a little over five volts. Can anyone shed some light on what I might be missing.
    Regards,

Preso
    You could use the vfd drive relay to turn the fan on/off you would have to rewire it, so when you turn your drill spindle on the relay will close & run the fan, just make sure the VFD does not overheat when the fan is not running

Two things that you may not have right with your remote control, you need a 10K pot, or you may have it wired incorrectly

You also need to set Parameter PD070=0 & PD072 to your max frequency you are using
    Mactec54

Success! Thanks Mactec54. I did have a 10K pot but I had the PD072 set to 400hz. instead of 100 which was my max frequency. Now I get speed control over the full range of the pot rotation. Do you think the drive would generate any heat if it was idle?

Regards,
    Preso

Quote Originally Posted by Preso View Post
    Success! Thanks Mactec54. I did have a 10K pot but I had the PD072 set to 400hz. instead of 100 which was my max frequency. Now I get speed control over the full range of the pot rotation. Do you think the drive would generate any heat if it was idle?

Regards,
    Preso
    There will be some, but should be very small amount, the fan should really run for at least 30sec after the spindle motor has stopped, this would be my only concern, as there will be heat in other areas that need the fan to cool those parts, I will check to see if this is possible to do & have a time delay for the fan, these drives don't have a strong IGBT which if over heated they will fry
    Mactec54

Please may I ask if someone could take a quick picture to show me what terminals on the vfd I should wire to my BOB?

PLEASE HELP!
    (new to the forum)
    I have a Hitachi 3ph 1.5kw wood lathe- came with a Hitachi inverter, which I dropped and broke (insult to injury it was brand new I left it in storage!)
    so... I bought a Huanyang VFD 1.5kw and can't get it to do anything except to START to turn the spindle, the VFD continues to spin up but the motor doesn't. I am totally new to all this, I have been trying for weeks now to get it working leaving me more and more frustrated! I reset the the pd013 to 08, changed the pd03-05 to 400, checked the start seconds at 10, and brake to 15 seconds. nothing has changed anything?
    Please forgive my ignorance- I'm just a woodworker/artist-
    I hope its something super simple- the manual is written by engineers (no offense, but enough said)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShow View Post
    PLEASE HELP!
    (new to the forum)
    I have a Hitachi 3ph 1.5kw wood lathe- came with a Hitachi inverter, which I dropped and broke (insult to injury it was brand new I left it in storage!)
    so... I bought a Huanyang VFD 1.5kw and can't get it to do anything except to START to turn the spindle, the VFD continues to spin up but the motor doesn't. I am totally new to all this, I have been trying for weeks now to get it working leaving me more and more frustrated! I reset the the pd013 to 08, changed the pd03-05 to 400, checked the start seconds at 10, and brake to 15 seconds. nothing has changed anything?
    Please forgive my ignorance- I'm just a woodworker/artist-
    I hope its something super simple- the manual is written by engineers (no offense, but enough said)
    Thanks!
    Sounds like you don't have the correct parameters set,but don't keep trying to run it or something may smoke, your drive is most likely to small for your spindle, you should of had the 2,2Kw VFD, it may last if you get the parameters set correctly

Is your spindle 300 Hz or 400 Hz, you have to know this, if it is 400 Hz then go to post 32 and set the parameters, the same as what is in the post, you will have to do a reset first
    Mactec54

Sounds like you don't have the correct parameters set,but don't keep trying to run it or something may smoke, your drive is most likely to small for your spindle, you should of had the 2,2Kw VFD, it may last if you get the parameters set correctly

Is your spindle 300 Hz or 400 Hz, you have to know this, if it is 400 Hz then go to post 32 and set the parameters, the same as what is in the post, you will have to do a reset first
    The spindle/motor is a
    Toshiba 2hp 1.5 kW 230v 5.6 amps
    60hz
    Not sure how to figure MHz?
    The Toshiba unit that I dropped and broke was oem from lathe manufacturer. Same parameters as HY
    Now I swapped the 1hp inverter off another lathe and it ran up to speed fine (no cutting load) I don't understand these things at all I guess?!?
    Please help! I have to get this lathe up and running asap.
    Thanks!
    Alex

The spindle/motor is a
    60hz
    The Toshiba unit that I dropped and broke was oem from lathe manufacturer. Same parameters as HY
    Now I swapped the 1hp inverter off another lathe and it ran up to speed fine (no cutting load) I don't understand these things at all I guess?!?
    Thanks!
    Alex
    Maybe someone can help me with the proper setup sequence to a complete novice? I would be super grateful!!

The spindle/motor is a
    60hz
    Thanks!
    Alex
    Well you should've given those details from the start, your motor is just a regular AC motor it is not a spindle motor, Do a reset on the drive, & most likely the VFD Drive defaults, will get you running, you will have to set the Volts/ amps/ 4 Pole & motor speed this number will be on the name plate of the motor, take a photo & post it here

Don't run the 1 Hp VFD with your 2 Hp motor you will burn it out the VFD Drive in no time

You can't use the settings in post 32 that I said you could that is for a High speed spindle, yours is not

You may have already damaged the VFD that you have with having the wrong parameters set, you will have to tell us a lot more now, if we are going to get you going, Photos will help

The highest Hz setting you can use with that motor is only 100Hz to 120 Hz Max
    Mactec54

Well you should've given those details from the start, your motor is just a regular AC motor it is not a spindle motor, Do a reset on the drive, & most likely the VFD Drive defaults, will get you running, you will have to set the Volts/ amps/ 4 Pole & motor speed this number will be on the name plate of the motor, take a photo & post it here

Don't run the 1 Hp VFD with your 2 Hp motor you will burn it out the VFD Drive in no time

You can't use the settings in post 32 that I said you could that is for a High speed spindle, yours is not

You may have already damaged the VFD that you have with having the wrong parameters set, you will have to tell us a lot more now, if we are going to get you going, Photos will help

The highest Hz setting you can use with that motor is only 100Hz to 120 Hz Max
    hope this is good enough, the board had a hard time uploading anything bigger

GunShow

Here is what your settings need to be, no other setting should be changed

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock ( Must be 0 to do a Reset )

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0

PD003=120

PD004=120

PD005=120

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=50 (Minimum Setting 50)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=15 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=15 (Adjust to suit)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142=5.6 ( Motor Max Amps)

PD143=4 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=2400 (Max Motor RPM)

For Remote Pot use

PD002=1

PD70=0

PD72=120

PD73=50
    Mactec54

[QUOTE=mactec54;1768524]GunShow

Here is what your settings need to be, no other setting should be changed

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock ( Must be 0 to do a Reset )
    THANK YOU
    A MiLiLoN ThAnK YoUs!!!!
    It works great
    PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0

PD003=120

PD004=120

PD005=120

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=50 (Minimum Setting 50)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=15 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=15 (Adjust to suit)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142=5.6 ( Motor Max Amps)

PD143=4 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=2400 (Max Motor RPM)

For Remote Pot use

PD002=1

PD70=0
    PD72=120

A MiLiLoN ThAnK YoUs!!!!
    It works great

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Huanyang Chinese VFD to plug a Brother MD-813 on a single-plase installation ...I should have make some misconfigurations because the motor doesn't start.
    The specs of this servmotor are here : https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.d2s&cad=rja

Can someone tell me how to configure the VFD to make my motor work fine ?

Thanks a lot, I'm such in a mess with this...

Page 6 of 41 4567816