587,490 active members*
5,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > How to get actual RPM to jive with commanded rpm?

Hybrid View

Isnt there a linearity.dat file In Mach 3 that needs to be deleted during spindle speed set ups?

Wow, the post is going to hell and a hand basket...

First, Mzones, you don't have a clue, there is no pulley ratio, and you obviously have no clue about my specific situation. If you had bothered to read the posts before you offensively stuck your nose into it, you would see I have more than 100% of PWM, I have 10.25 volts and I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to adjust that. Try turning on the lights on your end and get a breath of fresh air.

Allen, I double checked the following error and I'm perfect at .050" when running 100ipm, a process I have done hundreds of times back trying to resolve a following error problem. Turned out to be bad voltage regulator that was pumping out -24V instead of -15V on my power supply. So that was an easy double check. The only parameters I have in the control are the speed range numbers, 600 for speed range 0, 5000 for speed range 1. The documentation I have from Milltronics, based on my serial number, shows the parameters settings of the VFD and it says 190hz, so that's why I went with that. I can change it to 180hz and see if that makes any difference.

Fastest1, we aren't dealing with Mach 3 here, so that doesn't apply.

SportyBob, thank you, I can try that, I'm not using low range though, running open belt, tapping aluminum at 700-1000 rpms or so. I work from a wheelchair and reaching up to swap the machine into back gear isn't going to happen.

Now, ZZZZ, back to what I really want/need to know.... I'm still getting 10.25V, I have turned the R15 pot with no effect whatsoever. I even went so far as to swap out the X axis Acroloop card with my spare card and fire it up with that and still absolutely no effect. So my question is, where is the acroloop card getting the 10V from? Do we have an errant voltage from a power supply somewhere that I could adjust? Or am I doing something wrong with my attempts to adjust... I MDI M03S5000 and it turns on the spindle, running at about 5030 by the way, and I turn the pot while it's running with no results. I tried stopping the spindle and the signal stays at 10.25V as that was the last commanded, and tried more adjusting and still nothing. Could there be some other reason that pots are having no effect on the voltage?

It makes me wonder just how much difference 1/4 of a volt will make since the VFD is looking for 0-10 and the top end frequency is set in the parameters, I would think it would ignore anything over 10. I did have a problem similar to yours on an acroloop board a few years ago and found it to be a bad pot, but the likelihood of having 2 bad pots on 2 separate boards is unlikely. That being said, if you have the boards out, you can check the resistance between the pins that come out the back side and see if you are getting any effect from messing with the pot, that should eliminate that possibility.